Saturday, March 1, 2008

Rickwood Caverns State Park





Well, I had a Saturday off work and JJ was lucky enough to have an enrichment activity at the church, so I was able to have some down time with the kids. We traveled about 35 miles north of Birmingham to this really cool state park with caves and took a tour. It is a set of caverns, the deepest of which is 175 feet below the ground, and it has 365 stairs in it--one for every day of the year. The caves had bats, which B loved and the felt right at home with his batman delusions. After the caves, which the kids loved, we played at the playground and then grabbed some lunch on the way home. Then JJ arrived and put me to work in the back yard raking leaves. There are seriously a ton of leaves in our back yard. We filled 25 more garbage bags--stuffed, and there is still a lot of work left to do. I keep telling JJ there is always next week!

2 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

I love how you and JJ enjoy your children so much! They are lucky to have you two as parents!

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Lewis... you crack me up! I love your idea of down time! You guys are always going and doing fun things!