Thursday, March 20, 2008

Totally haven't meant to be a slacker but...

WE ARE IN UTAH!!!! It was sort of a last minute decision because we were all sick (we are still coughing like crazy) and it is a 26 hour drive. ( I wish you could capitalize numbers). But we're here and I think the break from the poison ivy has been treating me right, it's doing MUCH better. Lewis is loving the skiing and fishing and we are loving the outlets (oh, how I love you outlet mall . it really is sick) , UTA TRAX, discovery gateway museum, and time with family. My parents are up here and Kip is getting ready to head off on his mission. Crazy. Aiden got to ski one time so far and I am JUST about to drive her up to the Park CIty resort to meet Lew for a couple more hours of powder skiing! She is a natural, or so I hear. We have been surprised at how terrific it has been to be un Utah. Even Provo was so incredible and fun, we were actually EXCITED to visit BYU which really caught us both off guard, we thought we would never miss that place in a million trillion years. The Minerva Teichert exhibit at the MOA really made the trip for us though. Lewis also loved stopping by the track and seeing his old coaches and some former teammates. Well, there's a basic update from us--if you are in Utah I hope you aren't offended if we haven't seen you, we are SO busy it's crazy, but so fun. I just think that it's so great to be around family. We are having a blast. And I don't mean this in a mean way, but I just don't think that people who have never lived far far away from ANYONE related to them can appreciate how great it is to get to spend a week with your family. I mean, it's almost been 2 years since we were here, 2 years since I have seen my Dad!! We feel so grateful to be here with so much family now. We'll post pictures and more details of our adventure when we get home.

6 comments:

lnkmom said...

You Win! 26 hrs in the car is waaaaaaaaaaay worse than a 6 hr flight!

I'm lovin' the impromptu trips too!
Aren't the PC outlets the best! I miss those also... Have fun w/ your fam.

Jack Attack said...

first of all, I can't believe you drove 26 hours! I am at my wits end after 6...you must have some good movies and tunes.

second, yea for families! it hasn't been 2 years since I have seen a family member (oh wait, my brother Dave in Brazil), but the 2-3 months inbetween visits is no fun either. What would it be like to have a babysitter (i.e. grandma/grandpa, aunt/uncle) live within 30 minutes of your home so you could go on a date or to the temple. I would love that! We are fortunate enough to live within a reasonable driving distance of both families and they visit us often. yOu are a champ!

third, I wish I had known you were in Utah sooner so we could get together and go shopping at the outlets. we are skiing tomorrow (PC) and then have plans that evening. I talked with Johanna today and maybe we can get together in the afternoon??? before we head out.

Good luck on the drive home!

mindy said...

Can't believe you drove!! Holy cow. Also can't believe you are so close. I totally understand how the business goes though. Hope you have a great vaca.

The Frosts said...

How fun for you guys! Have a wonderful trip and be safe driving home. I'm glad your PI is clearing up!

Erin said...

You guys are troopers! 26 hours is a LONG trip! That's great that you were able to visit family! I love visiting home and just the feeling of comfort and security being with family. Glad you had fun! I can't believe Kip is going on a mission...how time flies!!!

Chou said...

JJ, so glad that the poison ivy pain is leaving. Um, do you have a penchant for attracting itchy things? I seem to remember a mosquito attack in '98 that left you miserable in Le Vesinet . . . :) BTW, CUTE kids!