







We have been in Texas for the last few days for Clinton (Lewis' younger brother) and Chaliese's wedding. I was scheduled to leave Thursday evening with the kids and Lewis was going to join us Saturday morning before the wedding. The kids and I left around 4pm for our flight at 6 which was lucky because as soon as I got to the exit for the airport I realized that I didn't have Brooks' birth certificate. I need to have it because he is almost 2 and they sometimes check. Luckily we live 15 minutes from the airport so I was able to make it in enough time to get checked in. It was quite a scene with me, a stroller, 2 car seats, a suitcase, a backpack, my purse, and the 2 kids. Aiden was trying to help by pushing Brooks in the stroller or dragging her car seat, but she ran out of steam pretty quickly. So finally we got to the check in place and when we got up to the desk the guy tells me that our flight has been cancelled and we are on a 6am flight the next day. I was about to cry at the thought of getting everything back out to the car, but we made it. I couldn't sleep much that night because I was so worried that I would sleep through my 4:00am alarm. Now picture the whole scene again (me the kids and all our stuff getting into the airport). Lovely isn't it? This time, however, our flight took off and we had a great trip to Houston. On Friday I was able to go with Lewis' sister Candace through the temple for the first time. She is leaving for a mission to Rome soon. Friday night was an open house for C and C in Kingwood, Lew's hometown. Saturday morning Lewis got in and we all went to the wedding, it was great. Right after they cam out of the temple, it started pouring! We had a luncheon at Pappacito's and headed off to the recpetion in Austin. The kids and I left with Tiana and Jason at about 10:30, but the reception didn't end until almost midnight, so Lewis, Candace and his parents didn't make it to San Antonio until 2 am! Sunday morning Lewis left and the rest of us hung out at Grandpa Simmons' house. Monday we left at 6:30 pm and so the kids, Candace and I headed off for a quick trip downtown. We saw the needle and the Alamo. We had a long trip home and some man even had to carry Aiden off the plane for me because I couldn't get her to wake up. It was nice to be with family and friends and to be there for some great events.
1 comment:
I can't believe how long your hair is. I don't think I ever saw it that long in CT. And could your kids be any cuter with their big blue eyes? Aiden is growing up to look just like you.
Post a Comment