Baby carrots you've done it again,
Ever since we moved here I have been avoiding you baby carrots. This is only because every time I buy a bag you are all slimy and gross. Not just one or two of you, but the whole stinking bag. I had never had this problem before (sure, there had been a slime covered carrot or two here and there), but over the past two years we have turned into full sized, unpeeled carrot eaters. This really isn't a problem
So anyway, while we were on vacation in Utah we had many baby carrots. None of them were slimy or mushy or scary in any way. Even Brooks ate them (and that's saying something because he inspects every piece of food he eats with a built in magnifying glass eye). We had baby carrots out of the bag, in a vegetable tray, in salad, etc. and they were all crisp and delicious. This was no problem either.
Tonight while I was "running really quickly" to the store to get some stuff while Lewis worked diligently on the second layer of cement (bedding mortar) for the shower (who knew this was such a LONG and difficult process!?!?!?!!) I saw you little bag of baby carrots sitting so nicely on the shelf and I had a conversation in my head (don't pretend you don't do it too...): "oh baby carrots, should I just get the big ones?"
"but the baby carrots in Utah were so good"
"yeah, but the ones here are always slimy"
"but this would be so much faster and easier and then I could help Lewis"
"and they really don't look slimy, just wet"
"ok, baby carrots it is"
And I got home and they were slimy. But I washed them and we ate them anyway. I won't be buying baby carrots again. You sneaky little innocent looking carrots. You got me once, but you won't get me again.
THE END
*ps Thanks Jennie for the tip on widening my blog!*
2 comments:
Loved the post JJ. Those sneaky slimy things! I HATE slimy carrots!!!
We can't eat raw carrots here--it's been awhile because they have found they have salmonella or something. OH, and the carrots remind me of Gilligand's Island when they found the radio active seeds and they grew huge. They are big fat things. Luckily they taste okay cooked.
This entry is why I love reading your blog. You are too funny and I enjoy your writing very much! I hope we can all get together soon. We are headed to the beach next week but maybe after that?
Sarah
Post a Comment