Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yard Updates

Our garden is already better than last year's. See the tomatoes already?

This is a "before" shot of the fenced in part of the backyard.
Another before.
This is today.
This is an up close shot of one of the spots that looks bare, you can see some baby grass poking up a little bit.
A before of the rest of the back.
And today. I moved 5 of the azaleas up to the side of the house last year when I was about 7 months pregnant. I also dug up the monkey grass and moved some of it to the back corner. I can't help it, being pregnant makes me CRAZY!!!!!!!!! (the picture in the header of the blog is the azaleas about a month ago--they are gorgeous)
Again, today, my oak leaf hydrangeas are starting to bloom. They are native to this part of the country and so they are EVERYWHERE. And incredibly beautiful.

4 comments:

lnkmom said...

I love your garden!!! I can't believe how much your yard has changed, good work!

MIMOM2 said...

Love it! I have been looking for oakleaf hydrangea up here. We are way behind you. I love the opening header.

Dan and Dee said...

nice garden! The hydrangea is nice. I don't remember ever seeing those in bloom. They are so pretty.
Good luck with your tomatoes. I am guessing you don't need to bottle any. How many do you have left from the (about) 3 dozen we did last year?

Erin said...

Nice job on the garden! I hope to get one going at the end of the HOT summer! I don't have a green thumb but I want to try!!