Friday, May 8, 2009

Alright Ya'll

Lewis keeps bugging me to "post on the blog alreadyyyyyyyyyyy" (as Brooks would say). I don't want to post because I just LOVE the pictures of me sitting on the couch while talking on the phone. I am HOT!!! Ok, ok that's not it, I have just been so busy. Don't get me wrong, I love staying busy, but it makes it hard to sit down and spend the time to get the pictures from the camera to the computer and then from the computer to the blog. And I have been spending most of my free time working on painting the front shutters. I have finished completely 4 out of the 12 and have scraped and touched up the other 8, they just need a final coat now. It's been more time consuming than I anticipated, but I actually really enjoy painting so it's not bad. Except when I get outside and someone needs help getting a toy down and then as I pick up the brush someone needs help gettting a drink and then as I go to paint the first stroke someone needs to be wiped and on and on it goes.
This week was the last week of soccer. It was amazing because even though it has been raining cats and dogs around her the last couple of weeks, both nights of soccer were clear. And Cate has the mosquito bites to prove it. A 's team won as usual and B's team got near the goal a few times but still lost something like 15-0. And truly I try not to care because I know he is 3 years old, but let me just say that if I were to volunteer to coach say, rugby or something that I don't know a lot about, I would PROBABLY at least take the time to learn the rules. Ahem.








Today we a went to the zoo for a field trip with A's class. It was fun and HOT HOT HOT.
Summer here we come. I don't think the temperature was really that high, but it feels similar to how the bathroom feels after someone has taken a long hot shower. IT FEELS LIKE THAT OUTSIDE!! Which makes me wonder--will my shutters ever dry?!?!?!?!?!
Cate pulled herself up in her crib this week. I am happy because she IS 10 months old and should be doing stuff like this, but I am sad because I am not ready to have a mobile baby and pulling up usually leads to more movement

1 comment:

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

C is getting so cute!!! I love that stage... soon enough right! And I love that A and B play soccer! fun fun!