Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow Day!!






Look what we woke up to this morning! It might not look like much to you, but it was good enough to cancel church. And it was the first "measurable" snow here in a decade! The kids were thrilled and tried and tried to make a snowman. I finally felt bad and went out and helped them make one. He's almost gone now (the sun came out), and there is MUD everywhere thanks to the rain we had plus this snow. At least today with the snow there isn't a river in our basement like there was yesterday!!



Cate watched from inside.
The dogs. Lewis asked me to post a picture of Georgia. I guess so you could all see the dog that pooped in my basement playroom on the kids' tent and then stepped in it and tracked it all over the basement floor. That must be why. And see how DIRTY those dogs get that window? EVERY DAY I clean it. EVERY DAY!!!

7 comments:

dee said...

SNOW!! I read the headline on Yahoo news that said snow had blanketed the south so I went right to your blog. Hope you had fun in/with it. The mud part is the ugly part of living here in Russia when it starts to melt as well. At least we don't have dogs that run in and out of the house!
Georgia has the "Who me poop on the floor and smear it all over the floor--NOT ME Look"!! Jimmy won't even look at the camera, knowing his innocence! I don't know how you do it and stay sane JJ!!!

lnkmom said...

That is Crazy!!! Weren't you guys wearing shorts last week???

Sorry about the "river" in your basement... hope it dries up soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, where else could you miss church over 2 inches of snow. Count it as a free day!!!! I am in africa and awake at 1\;30 am so obviously I have not adjusted to the schedule here yet,but I LOVE the blog and the kids. I am glad they had fun in the snow and as for the dogs, Lewis is sorry so next time it will be just one puppy at a time. \you are amazing and your kids are perfect and you are beautiful what more do you want in life.

Hillary said...

Um... stop cleaning that window. You have dogs... it's going to be dirty ALL THE TIME! I am all for being clean... but COME ON!! Clening it every day -- STOP!! I am telling you... you are only allowed to clean it twice a week!!! I have seen you in action, I know you are a cleaning tornado. But really... every day, when in five minutes its going to be dirty again... your are making me anxious just thinkng about you cleaning that much.

He he he... you know I am just joshin'... you make me laugh! Glad you had some snow to enjoy. We had a little too. :)

Sarah said...

Wasn't the snow day fun! I love the pictures by the way - beautiful shots of Aiden and Cate.

Tara said...

Remember me? Gorgeous Family! I love the picture of the dogs at the window! Hope you are doing well.

The Frosts said...

What a fun snow day! That's a pretty impressive snowman for not very much snow!

Sometimes I really want a dog but then you post stories about yours and it cures me :) I know the good outweighs the bad though. I'm not quite ready to worry about dog poop on top of people poop!