Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

I had Memorial Day off from the hospital, so we thought we would make a day of it and go to Atlanta. We first went to Trader Joe's--an old Connecticut standby. We ate strawberry mochi and bought some great snacks for our next stop . . . Turner Field to see the Braves stomp the Arizona D-backs. We went with our friends here in the big AL--the Foster family. All kids loved the baseball game--even from the nosebleed section. Actually, I think they liked it best up there. We had front seats in the section, but migrated to the top, both to satisfy the kids' desire to get to the highest point and to get the 8 month pregnant JJ into the shade before she overheated. Brooks really loved the tomahawk action when the drums beat at the game. They both loved singing "Take Me out to the Ballgame," and eating peanuts (sorry, we passed on the 6 dollar cracker jacks). They did get ballpark hotdogs though, to cap off the all-American day. We even had a moment of silence for the troops in the 6th inning. It was a great Memorial day! Oh, Aiden was especially partial to the silver hydrants in Atlanta, she pointed out how cool they are compared to the yellow and green one in the corner of our lawn.




5 comments:

kurt said...

I'm glad you guys had a great day at the game. I love Brooks haircut, he looks so grown up. JJ you look sunburnt.

Love mom

LJABC and D said...

mom-- I think it's just a bad angle on the five head! (but I was REALLY flaming hot)

Jack Attack said...

what a great day: love baseball. love the service men and women, past and present. and love the haircut! cute family.

The Bullocks said...

so are you really 8 months pregnant. that is crazy. it goes so much faster when it's not me who's pregnant. not to mention that when I'm pregnant I look like I've been stung by 50 bees. and you look amazing. I'm glad you guys had a good weekend.

Erin said...

Looks like it was a fun Memorial Day! Your flowers are so beautiful! I do not have the gift of a green thumb. Everything I buy dies even when I am trying so hard to take care of them! So have you come up with a name yet for the baby??