


The garden is starting to really take off (in spite of the bugs trying to eat it up). Thanks for the tips on the hydrangeas Amy and Dee. I thought that you could only change the shade of the color, and not change from pink to blue, so I am off to buy some aluminum sulfate asap! Sweet.
7 comments:
Fun progress. I can't wait to plant here - we can't do it until Oct. but get two growing seasons here. I guess that is a plus!
I like your border. (and the flowers-marigolds to keep the bugs away and look pretty...) I am going to Hakodate Japan on Friday and hope to find something I an use for a border that isn't heavy to bring back on the plane (plastic I hope) so the grass doesn't take over. If not, I will cut wood and have it around the edges, I don't want the guys mowing over it or the grass crowding out my few plants!
i'm jealous. every time I plant flowers, they die within a few weeks. it's the heat mixed with my poor gardening skills that do them in. we planted a mandarin tree a few months ago and the fruit is no bigger than a marble. any tips?
p.s. you are tiny!
Can I use one of these pictures for my backyard farming blog's picture of the week? I will just post your first name, last initial and where you live.
Check it out
www.backyardfarming.blogspot.com
~marisa (from Kingwood)
NICE garden!! What is this about changing the color of hydrageas? Sounds interesting.
-Hillary
P.S. you are the best blogger ever... you always have new posts!
Marisa-- You can TOTALLY use the picture for your blog. I have loved the backyard farming blog, but haven't been reading it very often since things got so crazy around here. I am feeling that I should have at least weeded or something though...... JJ
ps. have you guys done anything about composting yet? I'd love to have some ideas.
We haven't done anything on composting yet, but we will. I will be making a compost bin out of trash can. I'm glad you are liking the blog, and I don't see any weeds in your garden!!!
Thanks for letting me use the picture, I will be posting it on Tuesday.
Post a Comment