Sunday, May 25, 2008

H is for: haircuts, hydrangea, and house

First of all, I just have to say that jobs where people get to have the weekend off are the coolest. We have had Lewis here all weekend and it has been so great!! He mowed the lawn, and we did so much fun stuff. I can't believe how much we took weekends for granted before. Honestly.
Also, Lewis got his scores back from USMLE step 1 and he did well. Really well. So well that he could potentially do any medical specialty that he wanted to do. IF he wanted to do any of them........ Oh please oh please no. Congrats to Lewis, great job dude.


AND now, the moment you've all been waiting (and probably hoping) for-------- Brooks got a haircut!! Not just one of my ghetto trims, we whipped out the big guns, the shaver. His mohawk was the star of the show at church today, and he was loving it. I swear he had a new attitude. He was CRAZY at church and they didn't even recognize him in the nursery!! (until he started his usual singing of ABC's and Old MacDonald, apparently he does that every week funny huh)







I know, I know, enough with the hydrangea plants already. But I can't because I'm obsessed and they are so beautiful and they last all summer long. Isn't that so great? I might have spoken too soon on the pink because they are looking more purple now. They have the most beautiful blue and purple hydrangea at church, we were admiring today while walking with out fabulously SMALL primary class. Thank you Memorial Day.


Lastly, pictures of the house. All we have left to do is the painting (inside and out), gutters, and landscaping and fixing the hole in the driveway. All in all, things are going well. And now that it's 500 degrees and 95 percent humidity we won't be needing the deck, just the full blast A/C!!!!



2 comments:

The Frosts said...

I LOVE Brooks' mohawk! Too cute and sassy! Love the attitude change. Your hydrangeas are beautiful and HOORAY for your house progress! It looks great and I'm sure you're ready to be done!

Dan and Dee said...

I love the hand Lewis has on Brooks' head as he is cutting his hair--he-he
Can't believe the quick house repairs!I was worried it would take until the baby arrived, hooray!
Guess you'll get a grill soon with the heat turning up-cooking outside is so much better!
What a fun time y'all seemed to have over Memorial Day-Candace would be jealous about the Braves game. You'll have to tell her you went! See you soon.