Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


I often go walking in meadows of clover
And I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue
I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over
Dear mother all flowers remind me of you.

Oh mother, I give you my love with each flower
To give forth sweet fragrance a whole lifetime through
For if I love blossoms and meadows and walking
I learn how to love them, dear mother, from you.

Happy (late) Mother's Day to my wonderful mom and mother-in-law. We only wish you were a little bit closer so we could all give you big hugs and say thank you in person. We have been truly blessed with the best moms in the whole wide world. I never could appreciate the love and patience and sacrifice of my own mom until I became a mom myself. Being a mom has taught me so much about life and about who I am, I feel so blessed to be a mom.

And these kids are the reason I love being a mom, AKA, "and this is what happens when we try to take a family picture":











*I have to add that Lewis gave me the best Mother's Day present ever. Because even though he was on trauma call (this basically means that he spent his night sewing faces back together) on Saturday night, (and apparently lots of people get in car accidents when there are bad storms and tornado watches--the sirens went off multiple times)and only got about an hour of sleep, and got home right as we were leaving for church, he still got ready and came to church with me ANYWAY so that I wouldn't have to teach our wild and crazy primary class alone. How great is he?

5 comments:

lnkmom said...

Awwwwwww, what a lovely family pic! I know the feeling all too well!

Sounds like you had a great day, glad that you had some help during Primary! (Oh and I just realized that I was going to give you some suggestions for your class...)

Margo said...

I love the pictures of the kids. It is real and that is what you want to remember when they get big. How fun. Happy mothers day.

MIMOM2 said...

So fun! Go Momma! Nice job Lew!

dee said...

Good job in supporting your family and setting an example Lewis.
I have to say that you are a great mom and example JJ. Your patience and love for your family is amazing.
I love the pictures of the family! You catch the moments in time full of emotion so well that I almost feel like I am there experiencing it with y'all.

The Frosts said...

Cute, cute pictures. I love Brooks' hair all long and shaggy. Your family picture is adorable. And, um, are you really pregnant?