Monday, December 3, 2007

More on the Safety Kids



So I sort of mentioned A's love of the Safety Kids the other day and have to admit, when she started listening to the tape (yes, tape, that I stole from my parents when they were moving a few years ago) the songs all came back to me at once. Except for the parts I had TOTALLY wrong in my little kid mind. She tells me that "now that I know all the rules I can be a safety kid too." Remember, this is the kid who was TALKING at about a year old and now I think her vocabulary is probably better than mine. Scary. AND since she thinks I'm completely incompetent (if you know her at all you know this too), I'm sure knowing the safety kid rules make her feel much safer.
We also have several children's stories (mostly Disney) on tape and she is loving listening to them, Alice in Wonderland being her favorite. I always thought it was sort of a spooky tale, but she has it bad for Tweedledee and Tweedledum. What are ya gonna do about it? (I guess not let her run around rubbing a cleaning product on her cheeks. Seriously though, what's up with that email going around about the magic eraser burns or whatever? I think anyone who lets their child rub cleaning product all over their face should keep their big mouth shut. Not that I'm an expert on that though....)Back to the tapes.... we also borrow them from the library and she will sit and listen to them over and over again until she memorizes them. We are now the proud owners of one such book because she thought it would be fun to look at it from the bathtub. It got soaked, so I hope she likes "Lily's Purple Plastic Purse".
So while you're here, why don't you sing along? "We're the safety kids, the safety kids, the safety kids..."

3 comments:

Wendie said...

Hi. I totally don't know you - found your blog from Monique's - but I had to comment on the Safety Kids. It was my FAVORITE as a kid. The very best one? "Sometimes you just gotta yell and scream, sometimes it's the only thing to do. Noisy as a firetruck . . . ." Love it! Do they still sell that music or is that your old tape?

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Jage.. can she still be a safety kid and make it in the circus as a tight ropest? ; )

LJABC and D said...

Linds-She has decided that she will only be a tightrope walker when the circus is in town. Otherwise, she will be an "oil surgeon" as long as there is no blood.

Wendie- I googled safety kids and found a website that sells the complete safety kids books and CDs. I too love that song, but our favorite around here lately has been "look for a grandma or mother with children."