Thursday, May 3, 2007

Spring has finally come!

We are so glad that it is finally spring time in Connecticut! When we left for our trip to Alabama there were no leaves on the trees yet, but now there are flowers and blossoms and leaves everywhere. I love it when the leaves finally start to appear and within a week everything is totally overgrown. The weather has been so great for the past couple of days. Yesterday we decided to order pizza and go eat it at one of our favorite places in West Hartford--Elizabeth Park. The park is so beautiful, there are flowers everywhere and the tulips are all just starting to bloom. I think they usually have around 50 different types of tulips alone. They also have a great rose garden which I think blooms in about a month and a half.

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog
We are so excited about our move but are going to miss so many things and people here. This weather today is so great, it's hard to think about the blazing hot summer that is facing us in Birmingham. We'll also miss the pizza, which is unlike any other pizza I've ever had. It's going to be so hard to go back to chain restaurant pizza.
Somehow I deleted the part I wrote about the farm. I took the kids to Flamig Farm today in Simsbury. The weather was perfect and there were really no other people there, so it was great. The usual ENORMOUS pigs were there and 2 piglets as well as: donkeys, chickens, chicks, emu, peacocks, guinea hens, ponies, horses, a cow, goats, sheep, llamas, and cats and dogs. The kids had a terrific time and even Brooks was feeding them which surprised me. He loves animals and was even trying to kiss the goats. I didn't get a picture since I was screaming at him to stop. He didn't stop, but the goat did get away. Afterward we went to this cute little farm store called Tulmeadow Farms and had ice cream. Definitely the best ice cream I have had in a long time, I just wish we would have discovered it sooner. They were selling Ghanaian baskets there, which I thought was sort of weird out in the middle of farmland Connecticut. We had such a great afternoon. It's crazy for me to think that in 3 weeks we'll be "outta here". In fact, when we were in Alabama I found myself feeling homesick for Connecticut. My last day of work will be on the 18th and I am even starting to see the kids I teach in a different light. They are suddenly cuter to me now! We have already started packing up, I can't believe we've almost been here for 4 years!

No comments: