



Picture 1: my original crown2 and 3: provisional (temporary crown)
4: my real tooth (I'm secretly a pirate)
5: my NEW TOOTH I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!
Sorry if the pirate picture traumatized you. I had to say goodbye to my old crown on my front tooth about 2 weeks ago. As most of you know, I had an accident while balancing on a baby gate when I was 8 years old and knocked out my tooth. For about 6 years I just had an improvised half tooth made of composite, the stuff fillings are made of. When I was 14 or 15 I was eating a JuJuBee at the movie theater when my "tooth" fell out. I got my "buddy" the crown then. Even though he's a nice guy, apparently my dentist who originally gave me the crown wasn't the best dentist. Lewis hasn't been impressed with his work and was definitely not impressed with my crown. I guess it didn't fit well and was put on in some weird way that no one at UConn had ever seen. Lewis decided a few weeks ago to see me and get a new crown made for me. He got the stomach flu (the first time he's thrown up since he was 14 years old) and had to cancel, so we had to move the appointment and we finished up today. It was the last possible day that Lewis could be working in the clinic before graduation! I guess we wanted to wait to the last minute, but I LOVE IT!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new tooth. It fits so well, the gray is much less, and there is no gap between the tooth and my gums. Thanks Lewis, I LOVE IT!!!!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh!! Your new tooth looks fabulous!! I loved the pirate picture!
NICE! it looks really good, I bet you are so happy, I remember how much you hated that old crown.
good job Dr Lew!
Arrr a pirate's life!! Nice new tooth, very adorable on you! ;)
Post a Comment