Sunday, April 29, 2007
A Place to Call Our Own!
We left on Wed. the 25th on a whirlwind home tour in Birmingham in hopes of finding a house for the next 6 years. We only had 3 days to find it and put down an offer, so we were a little apprehensive about being able to get the job done. This is not meant to keep you in suspense, so let me start by saying: We did it. We found the one! Here's how: Wed. night we drove around neighborhoods where we thought we would see homes on Thurs. Next to one of the houses we were planning on seeing, we saw there was another home for sale. JJ jumped out of the car and grabbed a sheet on the house, which was just within our price range. It looked great from the outside so we immediately called our agent and asked her to get us a showing for the following day. She did it, we saw it, and two days later, we bought it. There really was no other close runner-up. We knew this was the home that we loved and the sellers really worked with us to come up with a deal I think we are both very excited about. They only had it on the market for 10 days when we bought it, which I can imagine must be nice. Now the real fun begins: inspections, insurance, mortgage, the "to do" list just got a lot longer! So, we will live in Homewood, AL (a subdivision about 10 minutes from UAB hospitals where I will be working). MLS listing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Congratulations! It looks like a beautiful home. I'm so happy that you were able to find something so quickly! Great job!
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! It couldn't have happened to more deserving people. We are so excited for you. Yay!
That's so exciting! Do you feel like adults with a mortgage? I was a mess when we purchased our first. Looks very nice.
WOW! You guys are so grown up. I hope we own a home before I am 40 yrs. old. It looks great! Open and sunny! Just imagine all that you will be able to do with your very-own home! Yeah!!
Congrats!!! What a wonderful first home! The yard and scenery alone look fabulous but the pictures of the inside are even more impressive. I love it! Home ownership is so much fun. You guys really deserve it!
wow! that house looks awesome. I can't believe all those huge trees. congrats, that must be a big stress relief. next time we are in alabama we will have to stop by your new mansion!!
(very good for the sellers to have that done in 10 days - took us like 10mo to sell ours!)
it looks so cute and fun. how exciting. good luck with the move and all. loves
Fun!!!I want one!! ;)
Post a Comment