Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A nasty Nor'easter and a haircut




Photos top to bottom: Aiden prehaircut and post haircut with Jonah and Brooks, Brooks with his "ZIA!!!"

I just spent all this time writing a blog and downloading pictures and somehow I messed it up and now it's gone. What a pain. Anyway, it's been raining since Sunday and the "brook" behind our house is now a rushing river. We have spring break this week so no school or work, but I did a swimming lesson yesterday and on the way to work we pretty much had to drive up a river. Luckily, the Civic was a champion and got us through it, other small cars were having troubles, stalling out, etc. but the Civ pressed on. Aiden was getting into the spirit and chanting with me "Honda, honda, honda" and Brooks just yelled his typical "NOOOOOOOO".
Last night our friends Matt and Anna and Kyle and Hillary came over. We had pizza and Brooks was totally diggin' it. He usually won't eat it, but was begging and cheering "zia, zia" so I gave him a piece all cut up. I ran downstairs to do laundry and cam back to him cheering even more excitedly "zia, zia". I noticed that he had helped himself to a whole piece. He even actually ate most of it too! Hillary cut Aiden's hair for us last night (sorry, she's Adi this week, then she'll be Ariel and then Aiden again--she's got it "in order" and it's even posted on the fridge). Adi was squirmy as usual and crying about having her hair cut. She has been telling me she "won't" have it cut and if we have to then "just cut this one, OK?" Hillary was really patient and did a great job. Today Adi loves her hair and I hope this new do will cut down on the severe tangles. Lewis got some great footage of Kyle and Matt playing the Wii, but I can't figure out how to post it. Looks like I'll be calling Brittanie again (thanks to her I got this blog figured out at all).
Lastly, I have to brag for Lewis again. Today he finished he last requirement for dental school, hooray!! He still has to go in to see emergency patients and hopefully help me out with my ugly crown, but other than that we can put a fork in him, he's DONE. Also, he is receiving a great honor and being inducted into the Dental Honor Society. Only a few students each year receive this honor, 4 from his class. Because of his great test scores, board scores, community involvement and generally being a great guy, he was nominated for this honor and we're so proud of him! GO Lewis!! One more fancy dinner for us, we have so many with graduation, it's so fun and exciting.
Now it's American Idol time. JJ out.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Nice to see we are added to the elite list of Jones' blogs!!! We had a blast hanging out Monday...I can't even explain how much Kyle and I will miss you guys... we have such a good time whenever we are around you!! Don't leave me!!! Okay, I know life has to go on but seriously stay with us for 2 more years!!
Let's get together again soon!
Love, Hillary

Shae said...

JJ! Hey! It was good to hear from you on my blog. Your family is SO cute! Your little girl is totally a mini JJ! It is so cute! Kristen and I went to Jerusalem together and we took italian at BYU together. It's crazy how blogs reconnect everyone! Well, your family is darling and it looks like life is really good for you. Good luck in Alabama...I would love to live in the south! Good to hear from you!

Shalee

kristenita said...

WOAH - YOU KNOW SHAE?? small world.

good news - we have sun in western NY today - and its like 55, so maybe it will be nice in CT tomorrow? I too hate the weather out here. so sick of grey grey grey day after day after day!