
Well, folks, it looks like my parents are moving to Mexico! They are living in Ghana (in west Africa) right now--for the past 4 years--and were planning on moving to Johannesberg, South Africa this summer, but their plans have changed! What a shock. We are so surprised, I can't imagine how they must feel. They are always up for an adventure which is good and we are excited for them. We can't wait to hit the beaches. I guess we should all brush up on our Spanish. My dad is the international legal counsel for the LDS church in Africa and he will be helping in Mexico and I think maybe other areas of central America, but I'm not really sure. Jordan said " I guess our houses will be decorated with Mexican things now!" That's totally true, I have so much awesome African stuff in my house. We are so glad we got to go visit them the first year they were there and are just so thrilled for their new adventure and ours in Alabama. Looks like we need to throw a CINCO de MAYO party, huh!!!!!!!!! ( we listened to James Taylor's "Mexico" song all morning) We have quite the adventurous parents with mine in Africa and Lewis' in Sakhalin, Russia (an island north of Japan), don't we. Now I guess I see why we love to travel.
We are also getting excited and anxious about our move. We are ready to get going, but we are sad to be leaving Connecticut. I had book group the other night, which I love so much, and I was thinking about how much I would miss all of these women. We really have so many wonderful and thoughtful friends here. I think being so far from family we really have to learn to rely on each other and we do consider each other like family. We'll miss you all, but hope you will come visit, I'm SURE there's lots to do in Birmingham! I decided I should compile a list of the top ten things I'll miss and not miss about Connecticut. Since we are expecting a THREE day nor'easter (they sure love their storms here in NE) tomorrow with snow and cold rain, I know I will probably not miss the weather. Most of the things I will miss the most (besides all my beautiful, talented, smart friends) are stores. Is that sad? Christmas Tree Shops, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods (about two blocks away), and H & M. I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them on the spot. The things I won't miss are: being honked at if you wait one second at a green light, no customer service, general rudeness toward any stranger, cold cold or hot hot steamy humid weather.


Here are some pictures from earlier this winter. We really only got a few inches of snow this year which is crazy since we got about 80 inches I think last year. I decided one day to take my kids sledding and Brooks hated it so Aiden decided she would go by herself. The only problem was the sheet of ice under the two inches of snow. It made it almost impossible for her to walk back up the hill with the sled. SO, I would have to leave Brooks crying by himself at the top of the hill and go down and drag Aiden and the sled back up. Needless to say, it didn't last more than a couple of runs.
2 comments:
Their little smiles are priceless!! Too cute!!! JJ-I love your parents!What part of Mexico is the Krieger family heading to? Alabama- Mexico- and Russia? You guys should really try to branch out and explore a little sometime..
Cute kids! How exciting for your parents--Mexico! We went to Cancun 2 years ago and I want to go back so bad. You'll have to go visit. Good luck with the move.
Post a Comment