Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Epcot (Disney Day 2)

 We spent Tuesday at Epcot and started with Spaceship Earth.
 Luckily, both Lewis and Brooks achieved high scores on the surgical skills test.
 We rode the Nemo ride and enjoyed Turtle Talk with Crush.
 Mission:Space was really fun.  There were at least 10 signs and verbal reminders that you should avoid this ride if you get motion sickness.  They spin you around at 35 mph and it feels so weird as you are taking off in the rocket.  Lewis had the kids freaked out because they only had 3 people so there was no one to push the navigator's buttons but their mission was a success anyway.  Whew.
 It was fun trying all the different soda's from around the world. Most were gross to us but I liked the lemon one from Israel.
 Abby loved the lollipops and got everything around her nice and sticky. Just like we like it.

 Cate really wanted to wait in line to see Mickey, Pluto and Minnie so we did while Lewis took A and B to ride Soarin'.  Abby wasn't thrilled, but I won mother of the year when I put her on the floor in front of Mickey to get a picture anyway.



 After the pictures I switched with Lewis and took the kids on Soarin' again.  We ahd fast passes so it should have been fast but we got to the front of the line just after they took 2 huge groups in.  After waiting about 20 minutes it was finally our turn but someone threw up.  They brought in the cleanup crew but after another 20 minutes they decided it was going to be a long time before they could let us in so they took us to the other side where we got to wait another 20 minutes before we could ride.  We did finally make it in and it was a pretty good ride.
 Next, we headed to the other side of Epcot with all the countries (I forget what it's called).
 We had lunch in Morocco and got treats in Norway and mochi and candy in Japan.
 Aiden is so strong, she can hold the big ball up with her pinky!
 Looks like I didn't take lots of pictures that day.  Epcot was super busy because there was a food and wine festival going on.  We did some more rides and then headed back to the condo for dinner.

1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

looks like so much fun! I'm glad you were able to go to Disney World together. Abby is hilarious runny from Micky. He is pretty scary!