It was sort of a last minute decision, but we spent Lewis' week off at Disney World last week! We left super early last Sunday morning and headed down to get checked into our condo and get settled before hitting the park early Monday morning.
We parked and rode the ferry to Magic Kingdom. We used RideMax again and I can't recommend it enough. We had heard that this was a great and not busy week to go but a lot of our days ended up being crazy busy and the parks were pretty crowded. Thanks to RideMax we were able to do tons of rides in spite of the crowds. Cate, Abby and I started by seeing the princesses while the big kids headed to Astro Orbiter and Tomorrowland Speedway with Lewis.
We also did Dumbo and then met up for the first of many rides on It's A Small World. Those were the little girls' favorite rides.
We did Dumbo all together many times.
And Cate got to do her first roller coaster, Barnstormer.
The little girls and I did the carousel while the big kids did more roller coasters.
We also did the train which both girls loved. Ignore the dazed "deer in the headlights" stare, it's just Cate's standard photo look. :)
We usually skip the parades but Cate was so into the characters that we decided to watch. It drives me crazy how people just crowd you and squeeze in, no personal space!
Abby fell asleep during Captain Jack Sparrow's pirate training and Cate wasn't far behind.
There were lots more rides and then we met up again for the Jungle Cruise. Those dumb jokes just kill me every time.
We also did Pirates, but I think the one in California is much better.
The little girls played while the big kids did more roller coasters. At one point Lewis saw Cate dragging Abby out by her feet because she had lost a shoe. Too bad he didn't get a picture!
We decided to call it a night before the fireworks because we knew we would have a chance to see some on Wednesday night at the Halloween party. It was a good day but just as crowded as it was the time we went for spring break so I was bummed about that. (I hate crowds.) We went back to the condo, had dinner, and got ready for Epcot the next day!















4 comments:
Fun, Fun, Fun!
What a fun trip!! I am so glad you had a good time even though there were so many people!!
So fun!! I want to take my kiddos there too!!
awesome! I love that place!!!! I'm laughing at the "At one point Lewis saw Cate dragging Abby out by her feet because she had lost a shoe. Too bad he didn't get a picture!" So fun that you guys live close enough to head down. I want to move to FL & get a season pass just so we can go when it's NOT busy. I hate the crowds, too!
Post a Comment