So I have a sand collection. I started it sometime a long time ago (can't remember when). Actually I think I started it when I was about 14 or 15 and my family went on vacation to the Outer Banks. My sisters and I bought little jars and put sand and water from the ocean in them. Most of my sand had been organized and taken care of by my parents all these years. Last year my mother in law saw someone that had this neat way to display her sand collection and then had one made for me. (I have to add that she is also really awesome about remembering to get me a little sand everywhere she goes.)
When my dad came for the baby's blessing he brought a little bit of sand
from each jar in his slash my collection at his house. He bought me a
label maker and we went to work.
Because you really couldn't see the
sand I painted the whole thing black and now it is much easier to see. I
love it, it is perfect.
I love the beach so so so so much and have
been so blessed to travel all over the world. This collection is a way
for me to remember each of those trips and dream of travels that I will
make someday. Not all of the sands are from places I have been. Red
labels are for the places I have been and black are places I haven't
been to yet. If you travel to a beach (anywhere) I would love some
sand! I only need about a tablespoon! I've got about 55 of the 100 jars
filled and can't wait for the adventures that will help me fill the
rest.
Look how dark Anchorage is:
One of the things that I love most about my sand collection is comparing the color of the sand. These are both from Seaside. The first is Florida and the second is Oregon. Both beaches I really love.






2 comments:
That is amazing! I love it.
That's awesome. I also think I now need to go on vacation!
Post a Comment