Last week was Lewis' week off so we decided to make a family trip.
There is a craniofacial/ cleft lip and palate fellowship in Charleston,
West Virginia that he is interesed in and needed to visit slash
interview at so we headed on up. We listened to John Denver over and
over on the way up, don't you worry.
Monday and Tuesday Lewis was visiting the hospital so the kids and I had lots of fun on our own. Like playing "Justin Beiber". It's a fun game.
We visited the state capital building and the war memorial. Next time when the baby isn't sleeping peacefully in her car seat we want to visit the big museum.
We found several parks including this one that is actually part of a big ampitheatre that is on the bank of the river (and happened to have a service road accidentally open so we helped ourselves).
There was a big mound that was an Indian burial ground or something and is now a park. Lewis is standing in front of the largest building I have ever seen. Too bad the picture is completely inadequate.
The kids on top of the mound in front of the South Charleston downtown:
Another fun HUGE playground in Charleston, can you find the kid?
At yet another park we collected leaves because when do we not. We have learned that if we take a picture of the leaves we can then leave them at the park with their friends. This is the park where Cate peed and then pooped her pants. Not a joke.
And Abs just went along with it so well. She was a dream traveller and I was super worried because being in her car seat used to make her scream her guts out. Scream until she coughed and puked. But I guess she likes it now because she was t-riffic.
Bonus! My kids had their FIRST SLURPEES!! Can you believe we've never lived anywhere with 7-11s? Well, I guess there were a couple in Connecticut, but whateva.
Fun games at the hotel. We are CLASSY!











1 comment:
I loved the pictures and stories of your time away from Birmingham. You guys always know how to have fun together! Had to laugh at the leaf pics...as if you dont have enough leaves at home! Although, I do love leavesand the changing colors.
Post a Comment