Friday, September 16, 2011

The Adventures of Cate the Great

A little bit of what Cate is up to at age 3:

Cate is weighing in at 27 lbs. 10 oz. with her shoes on. The doctor was concerned that she might have Celiac Disease because her iron has always been low (even though she takes iron daily) and she is so small. We found out last week that she doesn't have it, but the doctor is still a little concerned. We think she's pretty great. 3 years old is such a fun age. It's so fun seeing Cate turn into a little kid. Her mannerisms are so cute and funny. She says the FUNNIEST things and keeps us all entertained.
She talks non-stop. I get a running commentary all day long. If I am sitting in the rocking chair, say, trying to rock the baby to sleep, she will come up every 2 seconds and ask me if the baby is asleep or awake. "Is she asleep, Mom? Or awake? Asleep? Mom, is the baby awake or asleep?" and on and on and on again. Just as the baby closes her eyes she gets Cate the Great all up in her grill.


Today we went to the little gymnastics class at the library. She had lots of fun flipping and doing handstands. She also loved following the directions at each station. If she was a little bit bigger it would have been easier, but she'll get there.
Marni and I took Cate and Andrew to the zoo this week and let them feed the lorikeets. They almost ate Marni whole when she walked in with the food, but we survived and the little kids were super brave.





She loves to steal my ipod. She will watch movies, listen to music, play games, or (her personal favorite) take 100 pictures and 50 short videos of herself.
I give you exhibit A:
and Exhibit B:

And C: ("C is for Cate the Great. So is 3, 3 is for Cate the Great. Because I'm 3. You are 3 too Mom, but not really because I'm 3")She is pretty patient about sitting through everyone's sporting events.
We like to see how many kids we can cram into one stroller. You should try it sometime, it's a fun game:
If it's cold, like the 60 degree night we had last night, we just add a fleece and let her run around with her own soccer ball. She loves soccer and we'll probably let her start playing in the spring:

Right now Cate is really into her baby doll. Whenever I am feeding the real baby she feeds hers too, then wants to change its diaper and clothes 10 times and day. Of course she can't do it alone so she keeps saying "I need help" over and over and over until I think I might lose my mind. Honestly.
She really loves her squinkies. Especially her Ariel ones. But not the Ursula or eels because they totally give her the heebie jeebies. Not like koosh ball things give her the heebie jeebies, but she does shudder at the mention of them (and cover her mouth in fear).
Another ipod picture spree, this time with big sister as accomplice:

I promise you'll thank me for this last one, and Cate will hate me forever but I am ready for that because this picture is too great. The other night Cate was super tired but wouldn't go to bed and she totally fell asleep standing up. She also refused to wear pajamas that night:
You're welcome!
Cate the Great! We love you Cate the Great!
(BTW she totally introduces herself as Cate the Great. It's awesome.)

3 comments:

Tennille said...

Well, she's got Norah beat by about a pound (and our doctor didn't bat an eyelash at her weight).

Cate is pretty great!

Tiana said...

She is such a crack up. I absolutely love the last picture of her standing up. I think that will need to go in a slide show at her wedding. :) Wish we lived closer so we could see you guys more often...

Cha said...

Thanks for the updates and making us smile. We love Cate the Great--and all of you.