Thursday, February 17, 2011

27 weeks.

Well, if those last few heavy posts haven't scared away the 3 people who read this blog, this one might do the trick! Also, I realized that I should probably proofread my posts before I post them instead of just writing a sentence here and there while dealing with needy children.
Moving on.
Let's just start with the 27 week pictures. How can I really be that far along? Time to get serious. Time to start thinking about having this baby! HELP!
Is my booty or my belly growing faster? hmmmmm.....
And thanks so much to the phlebotomist who did a number on my arm. You would think she would do a better job since it's all she does ALL DAY. This picture doesn't do it justice because it had been a week.

Although I am getting huge huge huge (bigger by the minute I tell you) I am feeling worlds better this week. Why you ask? One word: prenatalcradle.com
Life changing.
Wonderful.
Incredible.
Should I go on?
When I was pregnant with Cate I had a lot of pelvic pain, pressure, and swelling as well as sciatic pain. When I talked to the doctor about it he just told me that I was pregnant and pain was one of the things I was just going to have to deal with.
This time around the pain is really similar but in slightly different parts of my pelvis. This isn't just discomfort, but actual pain to the point that I can't stand for more than a few seconds at a time. By the end of the day, forget it, I was making dinner while sitting in a chair. Also, I was a beast to be around after about 2pm. Unfortunately a couple of weeks ago even sitting had become painful. So last week I decided to ask my new, FEMALE doctor about it and she recommended the prenatal cradle. And the rest is history. I am a new woman. The pain has been reduced so much! I have even been running again. It's totally amazing. I am noticing the sciatica more, but it's nothing compared to what I was dealing with before.
I know this probably falls under the TMI category, but I wanted to tell the world just in case someone else has these kinds of issues. So if you do, don't waste another minute. Get yourself a prenatal cradle and even though it looks ridiculous I promise it will change your life.


And on a totally unrelated note, this is what my kids are doing right now:
There still isn't much grass back there but I haven't given up yet!
Dear Birmingham,

The weather this week has almost made up for how completely you suck. Keep up the good work.
(Reader: before you judge me think about this---if your skin looked like mine and you had asthma all the time for no reason you would hate it too.)

xoxoxo

love, JJ

12 comments:

The Atwood Family said...

I read your blog! That makes four :)

Jack Attack said...

prenatal cradle = sexy! love it. you are tiny! what is your due date and does "d" have a name?

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

I am going to have nightmares about your arm JJ. You always have the worst luck with nurses/dr/dentists...Glad the prenatal cradle is helping out a sista.

Tennille said...

Oh, I wish I had known about the prenatal cradle when I was pregnant with the twins. It looks like it would have helped tremendously! Glad it's giving you some relief from pain.

LJABC and D said...

Brit- My due date is May 19th but I am hoping to wait until after my kids are out of school (their last day is the 25th). The prenatal cradle is so sexy everyone pregnant or not should get one. And we are going to name the baby after my mom, Deanne, but have her go by her middle name which we have no idea. Right now Violet holds the top spot but we really haven't talked about it yet.

LJABC and D said...

Oh, and thanks Brit for saying that I'm tiny! You know just what to say to a bloated pregnant lady!!!!

Dan and Dee said...

GREAT FIND JJ! I am so glad you found something that will give you relief!
I am looking at airline tickets. Right now Continental likes themselves a bit too much so I will wait awhile to buy my ticket to come.

Tiana said...

You are SO not huge, but I know how you feel. I was walking through the library yesterday and saw a book titled 'I am a Whale.' I felt like it should have had a picture of me on the cover.

Katie said...

Love your blog...will keep reading it FOREVER!! Maybe I'll even start updating mine again one of these days.

Michelle said...

Oh my word...I so wish that I had known about the prenatal cradle with Jake.....that sciatica is the worst. Glad you found it!

MIMOM2 said...

You look fantastic! I am so glad you found the prenatal cradle. I hope this baby holds out for you.

Anonymous said...

These businesses or institutions provide phlebotomy courses online that will permit the students to examine the material at their desired pace. With proper guidance in the laboratory, the students will then be able to master the abilities of properly drawing blood from the patient.