Friday, January 14, 2011

11 years


Dear Lewis,

Happy anniversary! I thought I'd take a minute to say it here on the ol' blog while Cate is NOT SLEEPING but at least she's sitting pretty quietly in our bed listening to Mimimaid (aka Little Mermaid) sing "part of your world" over and over on repeat on my ipod. That girl just did not feel like taking a nap today. I partly blame it on you. See, we're all real glad that you've been home more at bedtime this month, but you've spoiled her by laying next to her every night while she goes to sleep. But anyway back to the anniversary message...

I wish I was sitting somewhere on some remote warm beach alone with you instead of here alone with that little monster who refuses to sleep, but I'm not. Instead, you are on call and won't be home until tomorrow afternoon and I have youth conference this weekend and will have a house full of silly 14 to 18 year old girls staying here tonight. Such is life. Someday we will celebrate an anniversary somewhere fancy or remote or wonderful, but this is our real life now. We're in the thick of it and I'm sure glad I've got you to walk through it with me. Time to wrap it up, sweetcheeks herself just came walking out of the room. I'm pretty sure she's trying to see if she can get me to pull my own hair out.

So here's to those future trips to far off places and here's to real life. Cheers!

I love you Lew! (Can't wait for you go enjoy those new running shoes!! ahem)

JJ

1 comment:

Melissa B. said...

congrats! Happy Anniversary!