2 days!

Cate is taking a little mommy and me dance slash ballet class and she looks so cute in a leotard.

We had our "one fundraiser of the year" at the kids' school on Saturday. It includes:
a fun run in the morning,
a raffle for which each child has to sell 20 tickets at $2 a piece,
a silent auction that PTO members have to scour the community for as well as a "basket" for each class that each family donates to,
rides for which you can purchase a $20 unlimited rides armband,
carnival games that require tickets to play,
cake walk that requires cakes made by students' parents,
donut walk,
dvd slash game walk (donated by parents),
bake sale.

It's over for the year and I am so glad!! I don't think I will be room mom for both classes next year. Even if they ask me to do it again. It completely wore me out and it was a bummer that I spent 2 hours "volunteering"instead of hanging out with my kids.
The best part of the whole thing was the fun run. We were planning on Lewis joining us, but unfortunately he got a phone call at 4:30am and had to go to the hospital for a surgery. Too bad people can't just get sick at more convenient times!
The kids, Georgia and I headed over to the school. A went off to find her friends but Brooks decided to stay with me. I had Cate in the stroller and Georgia on the leash. Georgia loves to run and right from the start she was pulling so hard on the leash. Brooks hung onto the stroller almost the whole way and even though we had to stop to pick up Cate's blanket he was still the first kindergarten boy to cross the finish line. We missed the award ceremony because we had to race over to A's soccer game, but when we came back later we picked it up. A was glad because her class won a huge trophy for having the most people sign up for the run.
Anyway, here he is with his medal. Now his confidence is overflowing. He told me that he wants to go wherever cheetahs live so he can race against one. He is sure he would win and then all the people and animals will be cheering for him. They will be yelling "Go Brooks! Go Brooks!"

Saturday was also A's final soccer game of the season. It was their first game against another team of girls and their first win. Go Tangerines!

Also, we have a new outlet mall near us. I feel like it is sort of blah. I need to get outlet more.
I am so glad it is election day. I couldn't take one more day of political ads on TV. And I'm not going to turn the TV off!
We were sad that the Texas Rangers lost the world series, but happy for Tim Lincecum. Incidentally, he doesn't look like my sister Jackie. (sorry Fischer)
And finally, raking season is in full swing. However, our trees are still very green and full so it could be a long one. The kids are thrilled.
3 comments:
2 words--holy crap. How on earth does one school and one mom manage to do so much in such a short amount of time!! You are amazing at doing it all!
I don't know how you do it all JJ!! You amaze me. The fun run sounded like a success. Go Brooks! I would root for him against a cheetah any day! :)
Homeroom mom for both kids at the same time, Lewis working a zillion hours a week, and you still have a smile on your face and do all these things with your kids...you are amazing!
Loved Brooks success in his race and Aiden's in her soccer game.
Moldy pumpkin is disgusting-you are right, you are in the humid south to get that decomposition that quickly-ugh. Cate is a sweet looking dancer-
Post a Comment