Thursday, July 29, 2010

Long Beach pictures

We drove from Moses Lake to Long Beach on the 3rd and while we were sad to leave Lewis' family,
we were thrilled to be at the beach:


There was a friendly game of football:

And apparently some sand being eaten:

Lots of smiles, even from the non-sand loving type:

Jordan and Jackie got the kids all lined up for a picture:

And Tillie had a wardrobe malfunction:

Sophie couldn't contain her excitement:


We piled the kids all back in the car and they were thrilled to sit in the back with no car seats! As we drove down the beach we all chanted "USA" out the windows while Uncle Brian rode on the roof. People weren't as surprised by us as I thought they should be....

Maybe they were just distracted by the sunset:

On the 4th we went for a drive to Oysterville and I made Jackie take a picture of this dog driving the car. It still makes me laugh:

We visited Jake of course, and made sure to say Hi from Lewis (his biggest fan):


Then after a hike to a really pretty beach ( I can't remember the name) we had lunch in Ilwaco:


Uncle Matt was nice enough to take the kids on the Tilt a whirl because there's no way I'm getting on that thing:

Tillie chose the carousel.

Then it was off to the world's longest beach for the world's craziest 4th of July celebration:
See, the beach is a highway and no fireworks are illegal so you can imagine the chaos. Cars as far as you can see and fireworks all day and all night long. Full on fireworks going off all around you.

A loved sitting in the unused firepit:

Cute Porter:


Enjoying smores with the largest marshmallows I have ever seen. Also, the coconut covered marshmallows are so yummy!

We did some sparklers. Well, not me because I got to sit in the car with Cate for most of the time. She had a bad attitude about the cold and the loud fireworks!

My dad went all out with the fireworks this year. He got some really good ones.

And Great Grandma taught the kids the best way to make a sand castle.

Once it started to get dark and colder the moms and kids headed back to the hotel where we bathed and watched the fireworks from inside. They were good ones but Brooks still fell asleep.

It was a terrific trip.
Go USA!!!

1 comment:

kurt said...

The beach was Beard's Hollow. Thanks for the great memories. I hope it was worth the long trip. We had a great time.