While we were on our summer extravaganza tour we drove up to Washington and spent a day with Lewis' family in Moses Lake. Then we drove over to Long Beach where we spent the fourth of July. It can't really be explained, but I might try in another post. However, the most important part came on our drive to Portland when we stopped in Astoria.

It was a very important stop because it is the 25th anniversary of The Goonies this year. And I love that movie. Have it memorized. Watched it almost every weekend in high school. Have you seen the one with the the octopus that only goes away after they pull out the boom box? It's pretty sweet.
Anyway, they have turned the old county jail into a museum for films made in Oregon, but it's mainly Goonies stuff. "Rich stuff, Mikey"
This is where they filmed the opening scene:

Data's costume. "Bully blinders!! Only problem, batteries don't last so long."

"That's my Mom's most favorite piece!"

And this is a sight I hope to never see:

The museum where Mikey's dad works and they ride by on their bikes:

The house! And you can see Data's house on the left.

"alright, Michael Jackson didn't come over to my house. to use the bathroom. but his sister did!!"
What's your favorite Goonies quote?
And no, Brit, I didn't do the truffle shuffle because I just don't have any truffle to shuffle! hahahaha wink wink! :)
5 comments:
HELLO!!! I just missed you! We were in ML the same time! My mom saw Lew's parents at church and they said you had just left. Hurray for Goonies! We always watch it when we are in Oregon. Bowen loves it, I didn't realize the language is iffy for a 7 yr. old. Oops! I am so SAD we didn't see each other. That would have been so fun. Let us know next time you come and we can drive over now that we live so close.
HEEEYYY YOU GUYS!!!!!!!
Never gets old.
"That's what I said. I'm setting booby traps." And no, you don't have any truffle to shuffle! Goonies is so amazingly great. It will always remind me of the summer we moved to South Texas because my brother and I didn't know anybody so we watched this movie EVERYDAY! I think they are showing it in Friday Flicks at the Homewood park.
"I smell ice cream!"
SO fun!
Post a Comment