Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Happy happy birthday, today's your special day!"

Brooks' birthday was Tuesday, but for some reason my pictures are messing up so, here's my 10th try....
Brooks and his best buddy slash cousin Fischer on the beach in Long Beach on July 3.


We celebrated B's 5th birthday in style while we were in Utah. He is currently obsessed with Star Wars, and Darth Vader was kind enough to make a stop and fight our Jedi candidates. Luckily, there were no casualties.
As the guests arrived (mostly friends from Alabama how crazy is that) they were informed that they would be undergoing Jedi training.
They did very well on the obstacle course. Sweet moves, A.
may the force be with you.


Close your eyes if you make cakes that look nice. Please! This is a light saber. Use your imagination.

The last step before becoming a Jedi knight was to find the candy and chocolate filled meteorites that were hidden out in the sun because the hider didn't use any foresight. They were given specific instructions by Yoda himself to in the refrigerator put them before opening.
We all had a wonderful time and I kept thinking that I was going to melt once I got home to Alabama if I was hot in Utah. I was wrong because when I'm in Alabama I just don't go outside! Hooray for air conditioning because, honey, it's H-O double T here in the heart of Dixie.
Now back to the birthday boy-
Brooks is the sweetest little guy. He can pitch a fit like nobody else, but his fits are extremely rare. I am convinced that if everyone in the world was more like Brooks there would be no war, no hunger, and more love all around.
For example, Aiden loves this game where you start with A and everyone says a word and the person who is the judge says who is the winner based on what word they like the best. Well, when Brooks is the judge he makes sure that the score is even. Luckily, there are 26 letters so he can make it happen.
When we are walking anywhere Lewis tends to take off and walk really fast. I'm usually at the back making sure everyone is there and carrying whatever stuff we might need. Brooks always comes back to me and says "Mom, I want to walk with you. I will wait for you."
He is always watching out for me.
He is the greatest little guy.

1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

Lewis' walking off comes very naturally! VERY!
Glad you have a boy to stick with you and watch out for you.
Loved the water photos...