Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Home again home again jiggety jig

Part I of our Christmas vacation took place in Austin and San Antonio, Texas. We drove over and spent a week there with Lewis' family. It was great having the whole fam together. It reminds me of the Blues Brothers "we're getting the band back together!!"

The kids had a blast playing with the dogs (Georgia plus their 2 dogs), but A is a terrible driver.


We arrived safely at the Austin light show thing (forgot the name) in spite of my claustrophobia in the car on the way there.
Before the lights we had dinner at the largest Whole Foods I have ever seen. It was so amazing. The best part was on the way out when Clint had Daniel using the flat escalator thing as a treadmill.
We even took family pictures. More to come, lucky you!
Then we headed down to San Antone to visit Lew's grandpa, 2 aunts, uncle, cousin and his family. We also snuck in a trip to Sea World where we got to see the Wests. It was so great to see them, but Brittanie didn't give me the Connecticut gossip I was craving.
B loved the dolphins.
C----not so much!
Even though he wasn't tall enough to ride the water roller coaster, B still found a way to enjoy it!

And then we got to ride this log ride.Where this guy paid a quarter to spray Lewis as he finished. Sweet.

On Christmas Eve, we ran to visit the Alamo really quick. Which was good cause it was closed. And the wind was blowing like mad. And I though one of my kids was going to just get picked up and blown away. But we got the picture.
Then we had a Christmas Eve feast at Great-Grandpa's house and headed home to celebrate with the Christmas pageant ever. Including some lovely costumes.
Christmas morning did not disappoint.
A liked her DS.
C hasn't stopped baking since.
B thinks he is a twansfo-ama. He told me.

3 comments:

Melissa B. said...

looks like fun! Christmas is so fun with kiddos!

Tiana said...

That was so much fun! I already miss you guys. I love the picture of Brooks in the "Splash Zone." You have such a fun family.

Sarah said...

Sophia received the cupcake version of Cate's cookies. Too fun!