
This sweet baby turned 7 yesterday.
I was talking to my mom last night and we were remembering all the things we've done in the last 7 years.
And how I NEVER would have guessed that we would be in Alabama today.
And how when my water broke at 930pm I called her and she came right down.
And my dad came too.
And my Aunt Terri.
And then my dad went and got my sister.
And I sent them to our apartment to get my slippers which were actually already at the hospital with me.
Oops!!
When she finally made her grand entrance the next morning at 8:19 she was the most amazing thing I had ever laid eyes on.
And then everyone left and it was just me and her and my arms were so shaky I thought I was going to drop her.
That night she wouldn't sleep so the nurses kept bringing her back to me. My mom was staying with me (so Lew could get some rest, we had all been up the entire night before).
The only way she would sleep was if she was being held.
She never had a crib. Ever.
We fought for every minute of sleep that girl has ever had.
She was born ready to take on the world.
She was talking at 8 months.
She was ready to run the preschool at age 2.
She has drive and dedication to spare.
And an INCREDIBLE memory like her dad.
She is a reading machine.
She is a stubborn, sensitive and hard working.
She is a great sister.
She chose a Vietnamese restaurant for her birthday dinner.
And chocolate cake with chocolate icing and vanilla ice cream.
We're heading to Atlanta tomorrow to spend the night and hit the American Girl store with Kit and Ruthie the next morning.
What's your favorite story or thing about her? (she'll love if you share)
And how I NEVER would have guessed that we would be in Alabama today.
And how when my water broke at 930pm I called her and she came right down.
And my dad came too.
And my Aunt Terri.
And then my dad went and got my sister.
And I sent them to our apartment to get my slippers which were actually already at the hospital with me.
Oops!!
When she finally made her grand entrance the next morning at 8:19 she was the most amazing thing I had ever laid eyes on.
And then everyone left and it was just me and her and my arms were so shaky I thought I was going to drop her.
That night she wouldn't sleep so the nurses kept bringing her back to me. My mom was staying with me (so Lew could get some rest, we had all been up the entire night before).
The only way she would sleep was if she was being held.
She never had a crib. Ever.
We fought for every minute of sleep that girl has ever had.
She was born ready to take on the world.
She was talking at 8 months.
She was ready to run the preschool at age 2.
She has drive and dedication to spare.
And an INCREDIBLE memory like her dad.
She is a reading machine.
She is a stubborn, sensitive and hard working.
She is a great sister.
She chose a Vietnamese restaurant for her birthday dinner.
And chocolate cake with chocolate icing and vanilla ice cream.
We're heading to Atlanta tomorrow to spend the night and hit the American Girl store with Kit and Ruthie the next morning.
What's your favorite story or thing about her? (she'll love if you share)
3 comments:
I still remember coming to the hospital when you had her! A has always been such a special friend to S, and even though they live so far apart, I know they'll have hours of fun playing whenever they're together.
Happy birthday, A!
I think one of my favorite moments was just last December when we were in Austin. Aiden walked into church and Dan and I were sitting on the back bench when she ran up and threw her arms around my neck and jumped up on my lap! I love how she reads to me-in person or on the phone, and when she shares things with me, and "talks" for Brooks when Brooks isn't in the mood to talk on the phone...which is pretty much always...I can't get enough of that sweet girl!!! LOVE YOU AIDEN!
I remember when Aiden was little and learning the sounds that animals made. My favorite was her owl. It was so cute the way her whole face changed as she said "whoo whoo." I also love the awesome fort that we made together when I came to Alabama. I will have to come again soon so we can make another one...bigger and better! Happy Birthday Aiden!
Post a Comment