Monday, June 29, 2009

Tile Dilemma

If you have an opinion, please don't keep it to yourself.
We are, as you know, replacing the floor in one of our showers.
The problem arose when we went to buy new tile because they no longer make the tile that is original to our house.
Everything is stone tiles nowadays, or tile made to look like stone.
Call me crazy, but I actually prefer the "retro" 4 x 4 tiles, but they are hard to find.
In the IKEA catalog everything is tiled with colorful 4 x 4 glazed tiles, so where are they getting those? SWEDEN or something?!?!!

Here are some of our choices so far:


Here's my vote. Only problem is that they are really slippery. Not a good combo for a shower floor.
The ENTIRE shower is tile.
As well as the bathroom walls and floor.

So, what's your vote? We NEED opinions here. I don't ask for other peoples' opinions very often ( I have plenty of my own), so please participate.
Thank you in advance for your advice.


**uhoh, I went to lowes tonight to get some "supplies" and found a few more options. i'm still in favor of my original, but there are 3 more options now.I still prefer the "biscuit" on the far right, it's hiding. *


And here's a shot of Cate in her first bubble bath. Come on, you're jealous of the blue tub, don't try to hide it.

3 comments:

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

I like the one that you like, but don't blame me when you fall cuz it is slippery??!! Or maybe you should look for some blue tile to match the tub? I know, I know.. not really helping. Sorry!

kurt said...

I like the tile you like, but you should be able to buff it or put a matt in there so no one falls. I love the picture of Cate and let us know what the name is going to be for A.
love you
mom

Liesl said...

If you are only going to replace the shower floor, then go with the biscuit that you like since it is a decent match. It is much easier than ripping out ALL of the tile (which I did) and then looking at bare studs and using the shower cavity as a closet for 4 years or so until it had to be done because the house couldn't be refinanced until it was. Good luck!