Saturday, June 27, 2009

About Elizabeth


Let me explain....

Aiden has been telling us for a while now (like probably a year or so) that she wants to be called Elizabeth (her middle name). She says that she likes Aiden too, but just wants to be called by her middle name now. I think it might be because ever other Aiden we've met has been a boy. We haven't ever taken her seriously until the other day at the pool Lewis overheard her introducing herself as Elizabeth. So Elizabeth it is. If only we could remember to call her that in real life. It's taking us some time to get used to it, I wonder if it will stick or not.
Plus it's totally messing up our nice little A B C thing don't you think?

6 comments:

Matt Thomson said...

Hmmmm...what about Alizabeth?

Melissa B. said...

She is so cute. That's what I figured was going on . It would be so hard to remember to call her Elizabeth. Whether it sticks or not it will be a good story to tell. At least she is making the change now and not when she's 25.

Amy said...

Kids are so funny. Getting used to calling your kid a new name could be seriously difficult. Abby has been telling us her name is "Cat." There is some purring involved. We are hoping it is a temporary thing.

Brittanie said...

She's so cute and she always makes me laugh!

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

That is pretty cute!! I love it. I think I remember going through some sort of phase where I wanted to change my name, (but definetely not to my middle name.. I just can't remember what??) Can you ask Elizabeth if I can call her lizzie for short?

Liesl said...

Kit decided at the beginning of 6th grade that he wanted to be called Howard instead of Kit. It took a while for his friends from elementary school to come around, but at home & church he is still Kit.