Tuesday, December 9, 2008

We HEART ophthalmology


Lewis changed the password for me to get on blogger because he was afraid I was going to embarass him on his birthday. Why would I ever do a thing like that? Maybe because he put a REALLY ugly picture of me on the blog?!?!?!? But don't worry, I won't stoop to his level. Yet.
Anyway, he has been on a rotation in medical school that we really like because they don't care if he comes or not. And when he goes in, it's really boring (except for the days they operate, he really really really likes those days of course). SO, he's been here LOTS more than he has been in the last year and a half or so. It's been nice to have him around. It's nice to have another adult in the house who can wipe a bum or let the dog out or start dinner while I am feeding the baby or doing laundry, etc. I feel less outnumbered when he is around. And he got our house all decked out with lights. For the first time ever. (unless you count the time I rigged up some lights outside our apartment in CT. I put up inside lights outside and had to plug them in inside because there was no outside outlet. Unfortunately, or maybe it was fortunately, the insurance guy just happened to be coming by and wouldn't let us keep them up. Bah humbug.) Step aside, Clark Griswald.

And now, without further rambling, here are some pictures. Mostly from a local Christmas parade. Yes, a Christmas parade, not a Holiday parade. We no longer live in New England, that's for sure! This is the south! You can call it a Christmas parade. I especially liked the Whoville float because it was by an orthodontist and those Whos could really use an orthodontist (or an oral surgeon in some cases).


Brooks mostly enjoyed the candy they threw. It was lots of candy and they had dog treats for Moose too.
We were totally bundled up. I mean, it WAS in the 40's people!! That's about as much cold as we can take these days.


And now the lovely Brooks (who won't stop climbing all over me as usual) would like to "blog wif me"

bbbbbrookksssss abcdefggghijklmnopqrrstuvwxxxyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7 comments:

The Frosts said...

Happy Birthday Lewis! I love that top picture for two reasons. 1-Miss Cate looks SO cute and 2- the awesomeness of Lewis' pose reminds me of Young Ambassadors or Up with People or something equally cheesy. I love it. Enjoy having him home with you (well deserved, I say!)

Dan and Dee said...

What a great time of year to have Lewis around more! Nice blessing!!

More pictures of the house lights please!

Who-ville could've had little miss Aiden on it as Cindy Loo Hoo--

I love it when people go out and do things even in the cold! It's crazy how people take their babies out for a stroll in their prams [that are all enclosed] when it is freezing weather here in Yuzhno!

So, Enjoy the holidays, and especially Christmas!!

Jack Attack said...

I agree, 40 is FREEZING! The desert has thinned my blood and I crave heat. When I visit home, I am soooooo cold. When will you be in PC? Let's plan something if time allows.

Jack Attack said...

p.s. happy birthday Lewis!

lnkmom said...

Oooo, I love your "Christmas" parade. I guess I've lived in New England a bit too long, I've become too accustomed to the "Holiday" thing!

I love Brooks addition too!

Hillary said...

I love Cate in that first picture!!! She is so freakin CUTE!!! Hope to see you at xmas!

MIMOM2 said...

So fun to have Lewis back for Christmas! Happy Birthday Lew!