Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back to the drawing board.....

well, Grandma Dee is off now, on her way back home to Grandpa in Russia. So now I guess I'm left to figure this three kids stuff out on my own.
So far so good. Except we didn't do much today. Except RAKE THE YARD!!!!!! Yes, you understood that, I raked the yard today. Well, only for about 5 minutes until I realized I was too hot, sweaty and out of shape. Especially with a little hot babe strapped onto me in a black sling. You see, Monday night, out of NOWHERE a quick storm blew in. We were in the car and glad Lewis was driving because it was pure craziness. Tree branches breaking off and whipping around, pine cones hitting the ground and the car and rain falling horizontally. Luckily, we made it home safe and no trees fell on our house. Our neighbors weren't so lucky, they had a tree snap off and hit their deck, smashing it in an eerily similar way.... I guess I will pick up the thousands (literally) of leaves and branches from our yard and be grateful that is all I have to deal with. But it was a crazy storm.

And if you live where you can get this, get it. If you don't, I'm sorry.

2 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

The storm was eerie as JJ said. Pine cones were pounding the hood and roof of the car and tree branches were blowing across the road. We were all glad to be back at the house. Lewis did an amazing job at getting us home safely!
As for the ice cream...it was yummm...I'll miss the Blue Bell!
I'm back in Russia, yet sad to not be with little ones, however I am glad to be back with Dan b/c 7 weeks away is a very long time to be away from each other!

MIMOM2 said...

7 weeks what a trooper! JJ you were spoiled - how great! So glad that storm didn't leave any more damage.