












We had so much fun with my sisters, their kids, my parents and my brother all here. My sisters left last Sunday and my parents and John left yesterday. We were all so sad to see them go, but felt so blessed to have them here. They all drove to get here (my parents drove from Utah), and we know it was a huge sacrifice for all of them. It was so great to have them here and Aiden has been weepy since yesterday morning. Lewis was great though, he took the kids for the majority of the day yesterday and went to the library then to see Wall-E. After the movie they went to the mall where they had lunch and bought me a pair of shoes!! What's better than that? Today was my first day alone with 3 kids and it was crazy. I think it just hit the kids that there is a new baby because they were both having more breakdowns than normal. Lewis had to work today, but luckily we are used to him being gone. I'm not sure I could have handled having this baby earlier this year with him being gone so much. He started his medical school rotations last week and--wow--it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier than the OMS intern year (even though he is on medicine and I have heard it is one of the busiest rotations). I guess when you have been used to insane 100 plus hour weeks, not much feels busy any more. Anyway, we are adjusting to this new level of craziness and I am having some SERIOUS cabin fever. However, due to the lovely issues of childbirth that I encountered with Brooks' labor, I am pretty much stuck sitting around. I have to take it easy for a while, and that is going to drive me nuts. I am so grateful though for parents and siblings who were here for me and helped me with this transition. We can't wait for Grandma Dee and Tiana to come next!
Oh, and in case you were worried about us missing church, Aiden set up chairs and played primary music for us and gave a lesson on reverence. She also went through the songs, pausing after each phrase, and explained them to us. Don't worry.
4 comments:
Congrats!!!What a little cutie she is!!! I am so happy for you guys!
I love that Aiden was wanting to have church. How sweet.
I have thought of you all day b/c it was your first Monday as a mom of three all alone. Big deep breath...good luck. I know you can do it.
I am wishing it was already next week so I could be with y'all.
I have loved being with Clinton and Chaliese's baby Daniel. My heart will be aching tomorrow when I leave!
See you soon. Hang in there.
Cate is SO cute! It looks like you guys are having some great summer fun! I love Aiden! It doesn't sound like she's changed much! I hope things keep going well for you!!!
I wish I could hold Cate SOOOOOO bad!! She just looks like a doll! I don't know about 3 kids but I do know about cabin fever after having one and it about drove me INSANE... especially because it was winter too. Blech! I hope that all goes well as things settle into more of the "norm". You are my hero for being able to do it all so I know that you will somehow do it and make it look easy!
Hugs from the northeast!!
-Hillary
Post a Comment