Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cate Madison






We welcomed a new baby girl into our family yesterday. She was born at 11:28 AM on 6/21--and weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and measured 19 inches. She had ten fingers/toes and was otherwise perfect as well. We named her . . . Cate Madison. Cate's first night was a quiet one as far as I was concerned, but JJ's report is to the contrary. Cate was up and down most of the night, but thankfully does not have Brooks' lungs which could be heard all the way down the hall in the hospital in CT! We are now safe and sound at home a little over 24 hours after she was born. JJ is amazing! Her induction started at 6:45 in the morning and after starting to push for the first time at 11:15, the nurse ran and got the doctor who had to have JJ push 3 more times with a single contraction for the birth. And yes, her anesthesiologist did get her epidural right this time and it worked (as opposed to Brooks' fiasco)!

18 comments:

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Congratulations!!! She is precious!!! And nice one Lewis... I went into a frenzy trying to figure out why her name didn't start with a C... ;)

Love to you all!
Linds

lnkmom said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

The title was a bit shocking to me, and I'm not even the person you meant to surprise!( I like both names!)

Glad that she's here and hope you guys enjoy your new addition!

Jenn said...

Congratulations to your growing family! I bet A and B are just loving C!

Hillary said...

Oh horray!!! I almost started to cry when I saw this post. I am SOOOOO happy for you guys. I want to talk to you so bad but I always feel weird calling people with a new baby because I don't want to bother them too much. So know that I am thinking about you and can't wait to talk to you.
Hip Hip HORRAY for Cate Madison (love it!!) and lots more cheers for the Mommy also!! Ben has a crush on Cate already! :)

Love you guys and miss you tons!
-Hillary

Jenn said...

CONGRATS! What a little sweetie. She's beautiful. I can't get over how awesome A and B look as well. Awesome family. JJ you are a champ and you look fantastic as always!

Margo said...

How exciting. She is so lucky to be born into your family. Have fun and hopefully you will recover well. What a super cute name. You should call her Cute Cate.

Brittanie said...

You guys - she is SOOO cute! I need some close-ups! =) And I love the name!! And I wish you were here so that we could see her/you in person!! BIG HUGE hugs to ALL 5 of you! Congrats and great job once again! =)

Tennille said...

Yeah! So glad she made it here safe and sound!

Dan and Dee said...

Wow what a beautiful family!
Now we have an A,B,C and D (Clinton's baby) With 26 letters in the alphabet we have a ways to go...maybe when Tiana starts a family they can have triplets or at least twins!

So relived baby is here and mom and baby are doing fine. Looks like a very happy family!

Jack Attack said...

she is adorable. and you look great, JJ. congratulations!

Traci said...

Congrats to you guys! She looks like a QT and well loved too!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys. We are looking forward to meeting sweet Cate and watching her grow over the next five years!

Tony and Sarah

MIMOM2 said...

Congrats! You look terrific! Can't wait to hear the stories of how she is fitting in.

Emily said...

Congratulations! You two have such a cute little family! I guess that happens when you don't see someone in oh...years!

Love your long-lost cousin.
Emily (Bedke) Christensen

PS we also have a blog that you can check out at kyleandemilyc.blogspot.com

mindy said...

Congrats!!! I'm so glad that all went well.

The Frosts said...

Super huge congrats! What a darling little girl. I love her name too! Hope you are recovering well and adjust well to having three!

BYU Principals Academy said...

Yeah for the Jones family! We are so happy for you guys. Everyone looks so great...especaily the mommy. I am glad everything went so well. I think there is something so special about number three. I just can't get enough baby!
loves johanna

Susan said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! The rest of you look great too!

Susan, Dula and little Lew