Here is Brooks' new room color. Now he has no excuses for not sleeping in his own room!

We joined summer reading at the library and they put on a show every week. There is a different educational "performer" that comes every week. Last week it was a paleontologist from Vermont who gives a dinosaur lesson and brings these huge blow up dinos. He was really funny and I even got over my hate of paleontologists for the even. (I had a bad experience with a class called "Life of the Past" at the BYU)

Lewis has been watching lots of basketball. Go Celtics. I guess. Except all these Boston teams doing well just isn't helping my bid for a future move to Park City. He believes the professional sports teams should play a role in where we decide to live. Also, he stands RIGHT in front of the TV ever since we went up to Utah to visit in March. He CLAIMS that he can't see the ball from the couch, he just got spoiled because everyone we visited in Utah had ENORMOUS TV's. But it's hard to see the TV through him.

I took the kids to a minor league baseball game last Friday night with a bunch of friends from the ward. There were fireworks after so we stayed, and I ROASTED, until the very end. Brooks made a friend with some random little kid he named Max. This is a big deal for my shy little B.


We had berry lemonade smoothies on Sunday. Yummy.

See, I'm big! From B's perspective.

In the garden, we are finally getting a pepper, one of Lew's jalapenos. Also, I planted some pumpkin seeds a couple of weeks ago, and they have totally taken off. The sunflower seeds we planted were eaten up by the birds though. Every time we would see a sprout it would be gone within 24 hours, totally dug up.


We had this fun CAT in our yard and driveway for about 3 weeks. It provided lots of entertainment for us. Especially for a big one of us who was extremely disappointed that he couldn't figure out how to start it.


Aiden started swimming lessons. They are through the city and only $15 for 2 weeks (10 days) of lessons. Yeah, and they are about what you would expect for that price. Seriously, a huge waste of time. But I am TRYING not to be the critical parent slash swim instructor (hey, I'm a professional, don't hate me), it's hard seeing that I know that they could actually be teaching kids to swim instead of wasting all of our time. Aiden did have a big break through yesterday when I convinced her that kicking with her legs straight and toes pointed would be much more effective. Also, maybe you can let me in on why anyone would ever sign up for a baby swim class. They were taking up the entire pool yesterday (well, that combined with the aqua aerobics class) and I just don't get what they think they are taking away from the class. Don't get me wrong, I have taught a lot of these classes and I know what you do in them. I just think that you can do it all on your own and not take up the whole pool and act crazy offended if your poor baby gets splashed.

This is what Brooks does during the lesson. BEGS to get in the pool. (that's him standing in the shade of my belly)

My little fishies!

3 comments:
Dang. I was hoping you'd had the baby. Looks like you're keeping busy, though, so that's good!
Jage-Your a busy girl! You crack me up! Have you tried doing dead fish on the side walk with little C in your belly? That would be quite entertaining I think! Thanks for the update girl! Love ya! Linds
WOW! You are definitely blognesting! Way to stay busy. I am sad about your little garden:( But can't wait for the next blog update. John completely agrees with Lewis on the TV. Gotta love men! You look fantastic by the way - you are only baby! Keep out of this humidity - I don't know how you are surviving down there prego :)
Post a Comment