Sunday, August 12, 2007

"We're getting the band back together"

I hope you got the Blues Brothers reference, one of my favorite movies from when I was a kid--thanks Dad. It was the TV edited version, calm down people.

I think we have a real future here. Maybe make a little cash on the side?
Can I whine a little bit? I hate to complain, but....
Today I got to go to church alone again and Brooks screamed his head off in nursery which stresses me out. I don't think it would bother me except this one woman who won't leave her daughter in there when B is screaming and makes an effort to let me know that it is my fault she is leading the music in primary with her daughter in her arms. She seriously makes comments and shoots me the meanest looks. I usually am not hurt by this sort of thing, but I think the fact that I really miss my Hartford Primary and the comfort of having lots of church friends in CT (I really don't know anyone here yet) makes it worse. I almost cried today and really I usually don't let people get to me, she honestly SCARES me. Creepy. Woe is me. Anyway, I am over it now that I wrote that because I know you are all on my side. RIGHT?!?!!??!!?? I do love being in Primary though, I really feel at home in there and I love my crazy class. IT'S 2 HOURS a WEEK people, I can handle that. PLUSSSSSSSSSSSS here's the good news, the Relief Society pres. called me this week because her 1 year old daughter found my scriptures this week at the church. I left them there the first week I was here and I have been so devastated about it-they are they cute little ones that aren't all together, a Bible and a triple comb. that are 2 separate books. I left them in the RS room and they ended up somewhere else. Maybe someone's conscience got to them about having STOLEN scriptures. I feel like I have an old friend back.
Today I found about 10 lovely red, green and blue "X"es on my walls. Aiden has never done this kind of thing before--she has never written on the wall at all, cut her own hair, eaten paste, etc.-- but today she was also eating paper. What's up? I know Brooks can't make an X, so she was totally busted. Mr. Clean magic eraser got rid of it, love the stuff, and Adi learned to never ever write on the walls. Even if Caillou does. I already had a thing against Caillou, this was the last straw.
Anyway, Lewis got home today at noon from his Sat. shift, he should have been done by 7am. I guess the hot hot weather makes people more irritable and irrational. I think there were at least 3 motorcycle accidents last night alone. He is running on an hour and a half of sleep and doing great. I honestly don't know how he does it, I need at least 8 hours to be functional. It has been great having him home today though, the kids are loving it and climbing all over him.
A starts preschool this week and I am so excited to have a little more of a schedule! I know that she will be happier too when she makes some new friends. She keeps telling me that she is ready to move back to CT. I hope we can go and visit sometime soon. Hope you are all having a great Sunday too!!!

10 comments:

Jenn said...

(Yay I'm first. :) Awh man---we miss you guys! Your kids rock and that lady needs to understand how awesome Brooks is--I mean seriously it's totally obvious to everyone else.

Instead of a lemonade stand, you should let A & B do concerts in front of your house...a quarter for 5 minutes. :)

Jenn said...

And how awesome you are--she must be blind

Hillary said...

I AM FIRED UP ABOUT THIS CHIC!!! Let me at her!!! She'll get a taste of this mad pregnant woman and never be mean to you again! What a brat! She needs to learn to not take life so seriously and go with the flow! She'll be one of those parents that will be calling the school every other week to complain about the teacher or something!

Sorry about that mini rant... I just can't sand that this lady was being mean to my friend!! Maybe she just needs a hug or something!? I wish I could tell you to give her mean looks back but that wouldn't be very nice I guess... Just give her nice looks but think mean things... Maybe thats not nice either... Just call me and we can rant and rave together!

Miss you tons!! Hang in there! At least you are not in a place that is turning into Fall tomorrow! I am mourning the loss of summer already!
Talk to you soon!!
Love, HIllary

lnkmom said...

We all wish you could be here too! I can't even believe that woman! Like Brooks can help it, he's had alot of changes lately. Good luck!!!

JENNIE! said...

What a punk that lady is... nice to here they exist other places too though....Good luck next Sunday, your family is stinkin' adorable!

Jack Attack said...

that lady has issues! does she expect the nursery kids to sit in chairs with arms folded and not make a sound? does her child never scream? she would hate my ward...screaming children are routine here (and my little Jack seems to be the loudest). Just be grateful he's not a biter :)...we've got one of those and he has been kicked out of nursery.

side note...remember naked feet...who were we kidding?

Brittanie said...

Ditto to what everyone else said! She sounds like a BEAST and she is totally losing out on the opportunity to be friends with awesome you! Brooks is such a cutie and he's been going through some big changes - moving and not seeing dad as much - those are huge! She needs to cut him (and you) some serious slack! I wish I could drive down there right now and we could find a babysitter for the kids, go teepee her house and then go out on an awesome girl's night! =) JJ you are the best - I hope you know how great you are and how much I've appreciated your friendship! Keep smilin'!

The Frosts said...

Awww... JJ. SOrry about the horrible, mean lady in your ward. What a crazy chic. It's so hard moving and starting over with the whole friend thing. I'm so there with you. Hang in there. I'm amazed at Lewis' work schedule. I love that he loves what he does so much!! Soon everyone in your ward will know how awesome you guys are and want to be your best friends :)

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Jage.. I will totally come move into your ward so we can be friends. My ward is Geriatrics and Crazies... and I only wish I was exaggerating. RS is 10 women total, 7 over 70, 2 over 60 and me. no joke. One lady has to comment and cry in both sunday school and RS at least once per hour each sunday. And I won't even go into the rest. I'm sure you've got it covered, but seriously I hope she needs a root canal real soon.

Carol K said...

Hi, Miss you guys so much!!!!!!!!!!!!11The nursery is not the same with out A and B. I miss the hugs and cuddles. The feed me is missed also.

Will e-mail you soon
love
Carol K