Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I saw Alaska today.......



Ok, most of you probably don't know this about me, but I LOVE to play the license plate game. This is a game where you look for all 50 states license plates. I can't see too far without my glasses, but I can honestly tell you what each state's plates (mainly just the most popular ones) look like from a mile away. I might be kinda sorta obsessive compulsive in some areas of my life, and this is certainly one of them. I think living in Park City where you see TONS of different license plates in the Albertson's parking lot is what got me started, but I can't remember. Family, can you guys remember when this obsession started? I think Lewis thought it was sort of fun the first time I insisted on playing, there are also lots of different plates in Provo, but it did take a few months to find all 50 states. I can't finish a game until all 50 are found. I have papers all over my car with different lists.
So, today I had to go to Wal-Mart (I know, I know) to get film because I want a picture of Aiden on her first day of school (today) and what do I see in my rear view mirror? An Alaska license plate, or TAG as they call them in Alabama. If you know me and my license plate game, an Alaska plate ALWAYS marks the start of a new game. You just see them too rarely to pass it up. I instantly started thinking about all the far away plates I have seen recently--Michigan, Utah (at Costco), Idaho, Wyoming, etc. and made a mental note so I won't forget when I go to write Alaska down. I think they count, even though I saw them before the game officially started. Is this crazy or what? It has taken on a life of its own, but I love it. Do you play this game too? Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Brian and Jackie said...

JJ,
I think it all strted when you used to play the game when traveling. It was probably dad who did it. I think it is great. Everyone has to have a mission in life, and with the kids getting older. But the home depot indicdent brough back a lot of memories. At least Brooks is starting to have some personality!!!!!!
hahaha
See y;ou soon. Love mom