Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thursday thoughts

First of all, I forgot to wish Jackie a happy birthday on Monday (on my blog) and wanted to just put a picture of her up for everyone to enjoy! This is one of my favorites from her wedding about 2 years ago. Aiden loves that she has has curly hair like Jackie.



Second of all,


where it is HOT HOT HOT! With a capital H. http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/USAL0054?from=36hr_topnav_business SEE!!!!!! I am serious people, it is HOT here. The poor house can't even stay below 82 degrees with the air running all day. It is unbelievable, but we have been beating the heat by going to the pool every day. Yesterday we went to the Brimingham Museum of Art to the Alabama folk art exhibit. It was terrific and my kids were even good. I wanted to see the Gees Bend quilts because I fell in love with them when the stamps came out, but ended up really enjoying a lot of the art.

You can read about it here.

Also yesterday I got gas, but the pump didn't have one of those things that catches so you can just leave it, so I put my credit card in my pocket. Later on in the day I was buying soda for Lewis to keep in the call room when I realized my card was gone. I searched everywhere but couldn't find it. I even went back to the gas station and retraced my entire route. I just kept thinking about the museum and decided to go by when I went to drop off the drinks and some dinner in Lewis' car at the "parking deck". Sure enough, there it was, right in the middle of the road in downtown Birmingham. I can't believe it was still there. Birmingham is known for its crime, and the city reminds me a lot of Hartford, there are definitely more places to avoid than not. I know that it was a blessing that my card was still there 9 hours later, and that I was led there because I prayed to find my card. It also worked out that I got to see Lewis for about 15 seconds. As I finished putting his stuff in his car (my second trip because the first time I forgot his car key at home), I saw him running down the aisle toward me. His surgery had been postponed just long enough that he could RUN down and meet us. These may seem like little things, but they have a great meaning to me. It is amazing how great it is to see Lewis even for a few seconds, because we don't get to see him very often. It's so great to know that God has a hand in our lives and cares even about the little things.

2 comments:

lnkmom said...

I pitty your heat wave, or is it always like that!?! I can not even believe that you found your credit card. I seriously thought that you were going to say that it had extra charges on it.

I love it when things work out, and isn't it nice that they almost always do!

Have fun at the pool,

Jenni

Jack Attack said...

Happy endings are the best! I can't believe you found your card!

It's hot here also (105+), but we don't have the humidity which makes is much more bearable. It's my 6th summer here and I have finally adjusted, and actually enjoy the heat. Hopefully it gets better. But hey, at least you are getting a nice tan at the pool :).