Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Just a little rant

I have been wanting to write this for a while but kept putting it off, blogging seems like such an effort with Instagram being so easy to use and share photos. I have just been getting so bigger by people bashing doctors, the healthcare system, drug companies, etc. while talking up their oils and supplements. First, let me say that natural health is important to me. My family is deeply involved in the culture of natural health. And I agree whole heartedly that it is important for us to take control of our health and do what we can to cate for our bodies. This includes exercise, eating right, and taking supplements as needed. What I don't understand is the doctor bashing. Yes, healthcare is expensive! Lewis has gone to school or done training for 11 years after college! Not only has he gone way into debt for this, but he has made very little money along the way. When you come to see him as a patient you are paying for his expertise. He hasn't gone this far in his training for selfish reasons. He isn't trying to take all your money. He genuinely wants to help you.
There are more than one kind of doctor. If you get in a car accident and smash your face I would like to see you use your oils or supplements to repair it. Seriously, I am fed up! Enough! 
Also, I have many friends who are scientists. They do medical research and they are funded by drug companies or other organizations like Komen. Quit bashing them too! They make very little money and work very hard because they want to find a cure! These are good people. Good, honest, hard working people who want to make a positive difference in the world.  They are not motivated by money but by a desire to do something meaningful.
Yes, they do want to earn a living. So do doctors and it know there are some who abuse the system but I am confident that they are in the minority. Did you ever stop to think about what motivates the head of the company that makes your oils? Or your supplements? What do you think drives them? I would be willing to bet that they are much more interested in making money than any doctor or scientist doing medical research. They want you to make money because it makes them money. Plain and simple. 
So, that's terrific that you got rid of all the medicine in your house. Good for you. I'm glad that you are "eating clean" and working on your beach body. Just please keep all of your complaints about doctors and "healthcare today" away from me. 

2 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

Can I have an AMEN here? A M E N ! !

Dan and Dee said...

There was a post on FB recently about what oils to use for an ear infection. I wanted to scream. As one of my friends said, "You dared to challenge the powers that be on FB?!" (concerning oils) She agreed with me and I said, "Well, remember I have a doctor in the house." Clinton had blood coming out of his ear b/c his ear drum broke b/c I thought I would see if it could heal itself. I've always felt badly about that. Just wanted to say I agree with you about oils. I'm sure some work but...