Monday, August 29, 2011

"It's always fun for everyone..."

... when Grandpa comes!"
We had lots of fun with Grandfather when he was here for the weekend.
Mostly he came to participate in the blessing of our sweet baby Deanne Abigail, but we did some other great stuff too.


Like playing Wii Party, Sleeping Queens and Blokus:
Working on my amazing sand collection. My super terrific mother in law had this sand collection holder thing made for me and it's perfect. Except you couldn't see the sand so I'm in the process of painting it black at the moment. My dad brought me 40 something bags of sand from all over the world. A lot of it I had collected but donated to his collection so my Utah family members (everyone but me) got together and put about a tablespoon of each sand in a baggie. Then my dad and I transferred it to the tiny jars. He also bought me a label maker and now I want to label everything. Martha would be proud don't ya think? It's beautiful:
More baby just because:
And hooray the giant baby fit in the blessing dress. And Lewis didn't accidentally name her Cheeks McGee (but he easily could have because look at those cheeks). The blessing was so special. It was beautiful and sad at the same time because I love that she has my mom's name but it doesn't really make up for my mom being gone. That still sucks. I know she's wishing she could chew on these baby cheeks all day long so I do it for her.
We ate lots of good food. Including the taco truck (he said they were authentic real Mexican tacos) and Saw's bbq because their ribs are the most tender and their sauces are super super good. Both the white and regular are amazing.

We had a great time and he even got his teeth cleaned while he was here! Bonus! See how much fun it is to come visit us? We were sure to tell him "Ya'll come back now, ya hear?"


1 comment:

Amy said...

I love it. I really miss you. I will defiantly have to come and visit, and build some lockers for you! What a sweet baby!