Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 15, 2011

At around 1am Sunday morning my water broke. I woke Lewis up and we were off to the hospital. It took a while for my contractions to get going, but she was born at 6:41 am. I tried to get an epidural, but it wasn't very effective. It mainly worked on my left thigh, I got to feel the rest. The umbilical cord was wrapped tightly around her neck so she was quite blue when she first came out. After a bout a half an hour of frantic activity by lots of doctors and nurses she stopped grunting and started breathing well. Her color improved but she was really swollen still and her face was bruised. She couldn't even really open her eyes for the first day or so. Now she's much better. We are thrilled to have this sweet new baby in our home.















Deanne Abigail
born at 6:41 am
May 15, 2011
7 lbs. 8 oz. 19.5 inches

12 comments:

Missy said...

Love her, love the name!! Great job Mommy!!!

lnkmom said...

Congrats to you and your family!!!! I love her name and her hair! I hope you are all doing well!

MIMOM2 said...

So glad that she is well. You all look great. Love her name!

Amy said...

Congratulations, she is so lucky to be born in your sweet family!

Scott said...

Congratulations guys! She's a wonderful addition to your beautiful family. Best, Scott.

Michelle said...

You are a warrior, JJ! She is absolutely beautiful! So happy that you're doing well!

Johanna said...

She is so cute and sweet. I just want to rub her hair. I am so glad you are all doing good. You look great too!

Melissa B. said...

congrats! I love new babies. So sweet...straight from heaven

kristenita said...

Yay!!! She is so beautiful & has that same little mouth all your kids have. So cute. Congrats! Now I need another one. And I do so envy you looking so awesome/normal in these pictures! Superwoman. :)
Xoxo

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

What a doll, congratulations!! Glad she is her and safe. Love you!!!

Sarah said...

My favorite shot of any new baby is when he/she is held by momma, surrounded by her family in a hospital bed. Your family looks especially sweet.

Carly said...

JJ So happy for you guys! That's so exciting your water broke on your own! I wanted that to happen to me so bad! I had Eleni all natural-no epidural so I know what you were feelin in a way, it's a fun feeling isn't it? hehe, I'm so happy she is healthy and safe, hope you guys are doing well, can't wait to meet her!