Thursday, April 28, 2011

Total Devastation


We are feeling blessed and lucky this morning after some huge tornadoes blew through Alabama yesterday. The first storms came through early in the morning, at about 5:30am. Lewis and I were up and actually watched from our bathroom window as this big limb fell on our house and then bounced to the ground. Luckily, this was the worst of it for us. The morning storm brought down lots and lots of trees in neighborhoods near us. Most everyone we know has not had power for at least a day and some have had homes and cars smashed by trees. There are neighborhoods that people can't even get out of yet. The terrible tornadoes from last night went north and then south of us. We never even lost power so we were watching on TV live as a tornado at least a mile wide headed for us and then turned north hitting and flattening several small towns and then north Birmingham. It was unbelievable. Today our kids are in school and it is hard to believe all the images and stories we are already hearing. We are fine and are ready to help those around us who need help.

2 comments:

Tiana said...

Yikes! I was worried about you guys when I heard about what happened on NPR this morning on my way to work. I'm glad you guys came out ok and weren't too affected...

MIMOM2 said...

Wow. So glad you are all ok.