Obligatory first day picture by the front door. Adi (as she likes to be called these days heaven help us all) was so thrilled to start 2nd grade. She has the teacher that everyone wants. And he's one of only 2 male teachers in our school.

You'll never guess who got the other male teacher? Sweet bubby who was also excited about school. Until he actually had to walk in the classroom where he looked at me with sheer panic and said " I can't go in there. I feel sick. I'm going home with you." and started to cry a little.


He's still holding it together..... Luckily for me his preschool teacher from last year was in the hall saying hi to all the kids she knows and she stepped right in. She took Brooks into his classroom and sat with him until he was ready for her to go. I owe her big time.

This is as far as big girl on campus 2nd grader would let dear old mom walk with her. HOW EMBARRASSING that I would want to walk her to her classroom and HUG and KISS her!

One more stop by kindergarten to check on Brooks and Mrs. Connie. Never fear, he got the hang of it really quickly and has been thrilled to go back every day since.

A trip to Doodle's for lemon and coconut and chocolate and cherry and cotton candy ices was just what we needed after a long hot day at school!
4 comments:
Oh, my gosh! They are too cute!
I love all of Miss A's names! I think Adi is very cute!
I can't believe Brooks is in Kindergarten... I can't believe that my little man will be too! Such a big step for them!
Does he have full or half day?
I hope you have a great school year!
you're not old enough to have 2 school aged kids. that's crazy! enjoy your free time.
Brooks cannot be in Kindergarten--shouldn't he be riding in a stroller on the HOmewood parkway????
Yeah for first days and first day pictures. oh the excitment...for you..I am sure you found some things to keep you busy while they were gone. I am hoping our kindergarten experience goes as well as yours.
Post a Comment