Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Swim Meet

instant swimmer, just add water

One of the greatest things my parents ever did for me was sign me up for swim team the summer after first grade. I love water and I love to swim but the greatest part had to be the friends I made and the fun we had together. So, this summer I decided it was time for Aiden to join the swim team. Here are some pictures from her first race ever, the 25 free.
Waiting at the clerk of course. This is where you go and they get you in the right place for your race. Can you tell she was a nervous wreck?!?!
Handing her card to someone... Don't know why she had it, the timers are at the other end of the pool!
Take your mark and GO!!
We need to work on the start. Majorly need to work on the start.
And she's off! She started out strong, but hit a wall around 20 yards...
Big arms!!
Cate was not a huge fan of the swim meet situation. I have gained a new respect for my mom dragging my little brothers to every race, meet, game, etc. because it's not easy to keep little kids entertained and out of the pool for hours on end. Cate did, however, love the swim cap. She can even put it on by herself. She also loved the ring pop we bought her but Lewis wouldn't touch her since she was covered in sticky ring pop leftovers.
that snowman is the closest thing to a real snowman she'll probably ever see in Alabama!

1 comment:

Dan and Dee said...

I love when you update your blog! Great way to get to Fenway. Smart idea!! Looks like a fun start to a great summer.