Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break!! (and it wasn't even spring yet but whatever)

A couple of days before spring break started, A had her school program. She even had a speaking part and did a great job. Lucky for us, Lewis' parents were planning a visit starting that night. Grandma Dee worked with the airline and got to come a little early to be there for the show. (Cate can't see a camera and not do her "cheese" face. )

While they were here we did lots of fun things. Lots and lots of Go Fish games were played. Also, Grandma saw this trampoline in the mall and thought the kids would love it.
And of course they did!
Brooks also discovered that he loves chicken nuggets dipped in caramel sauce. He also almost completed his Happy Meal Star Wars toy collection. He just needs Anakin Skywalker and Yoda so keep your eyes out for those ones.
They also got to ride the carousel with Grandpa.

Grandma Dee got a cute gingerbread Bunny Hutch for them to decorate and eat. They are still eating it and I think Georgia licks it at least 10 times a day too! Bonus!!
Finished product. Brooks can't be bothered to look at the camera because the TV is on. (Cate has the "cheese" face again.)
We did lots of other fun things, but of course I always forgot the camera.
Thanks so much for coming to visit us!! Hopefully next time Lewis won't have to work 7 million hours and we can actually hang out with him too.


Next up, more spring break and pictures of what I look like after a root canal!
(and don't worry, I don't actually put Cate in timeout)

10 comments:

Jack Attack said...

I love the cheese face.

and the bunny hutch. now I know what to do with gingerbread kit I had left over from christmas.

did you do the trampoline?

Mikelle said...

so fun, Cate's face is so super cute!!

Amy said...

We have a Yoda (at least half of one.) Want me to mail it to you? I know how important it is to complete a McDonald's collection! ;)
Amy

Johanna said...

yeah for grandma's and cheese faces. why would we want to see their real smiles anyway. yeah yeah yeah for spring break!

Dan and Dee said...

Thanks for posting JJ. I am borrowing the pics for our site since my camera sat in my purse with no battery the entire visit!
MISS THOSE FUN TIMES!
Go Fish I Spy!!!! miss it!

MIMOM2 said...

i love cate's cheese face! I want to do the trampoline! Where are your pics doing it?

The Bullocks said...

I cant believe how big cate is getting. (and yet she's so petite) I love getting spoiled by grandma. that's one of the perks of living away.
Ps I'm telling you should totally try the box garden. I'm not using any of our dirt. I put a tarp at the bottom of the box so the plants don't even touch it and then I use some special mix from the plant store, supposedly you are supposed to get awesome results, I'll let you know.

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Love Cate's cheese face!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun with Lew's mom.

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

p.s Why don't they call it post winter break, or prior to the spring break.. it would make more sense. ; )

Hillary said...

Cate looks JUST like YOU!!! In a acouple of those pictures I can see so much of you in her. She is such a doll.... I just want to squeeze her and bite her cheeks!!! Man, I miss you guys. Can we hang out soon? I really wanna. How can we make this work? I wish we were just a smidge closer.

Kyle just went back on OMFS service too. Lame. He was on a koosh anesthesia rotation and now its gone. Waaaaaaaaa! I feel your pain sista!! :)

So about hanging out..... when can we do this!?!?!?!?!