We took a hay ride out to the pumpkins that someone had so carefully placed in the big field (oh how I miss real pumpkin patches in Connecticut). (side note--I sat ON the hay and didn't even rub my eyes off thanks to Claritin! Oh how I love you Claritin! I no longer have to live in an allergy haze or a benedryl haze!) Have I told you how much I love baby legs in leggings?
And we posed because that's what we do. But come on, is the "pumpkin sheriff" the lollipop guild's sister or something?
We played in the hay maze. Again, not one itchy eye here!
We rode ponies too. They said it was fun, but look at their faces.
And posed on the huge pumpkins. Isn't that green one amazing?

And just to remind us that we live in the south, we got to see a dance group of little girls do a dance and sign language to "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so."And one more reminder: (click on picture to enlarge for better viewing)
On the way home we stopped at the farmer's market and got some really cool pumpkins. I just need to figure out where to put them all.



Lewis picked up some muscadines. Have you ever tried them? They are a fruit grown here in the south. You don't eat the skin and they are sort of like big grapes. Interesting. Next I might try okra or collard greens, get excited!
4 comments:
10 years and I've never heard of a muscadine?
Can you get me one of those stickers? Awesome! I am glad you finally had to get your sweatshirts on. Looks fun!
Muscadine jelly is pretty good. Maybe you will have to give it a try.
The look on the kids faces are not very convincing in having a good time riding the horses...ha ha.
The pumpkin shots are fun, happy shots.
HaHa....i I can totally relate to the "you know when you live in the south when" moments. Never had a muscadine. Perhaps we could schedule a Muscadine Enrichment group :) Followed by Southern Contractions and a lesson on the Bear. Bryant, that is. Please tell me you know who that is!
Post a Comment