If I'm being honest, I am usually overwhelmed with my life. Trying to keep my kids clothed (in clean, appropriate, well fitting clothes), and fed (constantly), driving them to school, appointments, and other various activities, taking care of church callings: meetings, picking up yw, weekly activities, temple trips, youth conferences, and more meetings, add trying to keep up with groceries and other shopping all while trying to maintain order and cleanliness in my house and, well, you get the picture. Listen, I'm not complaining. I enjoy being busy and I really love a clean house. I know my problems are good problems to have. But our lives are just very full.
Now add trying to get this house ready to put on the market. And the emotions associated with moving after living somewhere for 6 years. And the stress of not knowing where you will be going after fellowship, and it just adds to the chaos around here. I realized on Sunday that I have been focusing so much on the physical "to do" list because it takes up my time and energy. That way I don't have time or energy to be so very sad about having to move. Here are a few pictures of the projects I have been working on over the last couple if weeks. I am happy to say I only have one major thing left on my list: power wash the deck and house and waterproof the deck. Oh, and clear out the house/ move lots of junk into a storage into to make our no so big house seem bigger!
 |
| Washing blinds, walls, doors, windows, and window sills. |
 |
| Making pillows with my friend Colette and her awesome fabric stash. Also, moving the bookshelves. |
 |
| More trips to Lowe's than I want to count. I bought pine straw, paint, caulk, etc. but they didn't have sod. So I googled "sod farm", drove to it and got as much as I could fit in my car. |
 |
| Then I laid it. I hope I did it right! |
 |
| Sand and paint. |
 |
| Sand and paint |
 |
| New stove and microwave. Lewis and I installed the micro. |
 |
| Map wallpaper down in laundry slash mud room. |
 |
| Lots of filling holes, cracks, etc. and touching up paint on trim and walls and windows. The colormatch computer didn't get it right so I ended up painting the whole laundry room again. Lewis helped finish it off. |
 |
| Recarpeted the stairs. |
 |
| Caulk and kilz in the basement garage and storage area. This was a massive project and Lewis helped so much with this one. We also have made huge piles for the trash on Monday, I'm sure the garbage dudes love us! |
 |
| Lots of sorting and purging. Toys, clothes, junk. |
 |
| If I ever see a caulk gun again it will be too soon! |
1 comment:
You always amaze me with how much you can accomplish. Good work! I wish I was there to help.
Post a Comment