Our sweet Aiden girl is 10! I can hardly believe it. I know she loves to look at our blog, especially to look back and enjoy our old photos and stories, so I thought it was time to write a little bit about her. Through the miracle if modem technology I am writing this while sitting in a war listing room!
Even though her birthday was last week, we are having her party this Friday evening. I'm not sure how she talked us into having a party because she opted to have a special fancy dinner at Oceans with Lewis instead of a party. I think she got me because I feel bad that we are moving and this will be her last birthday here. And if you know Aiden then you know that this is the LAST birthday here and certain of her friends have NEVER been to one of her parties. So if we didn't have a party they would NEVER get to. So, I think the dramatic flair kind of got me.
Aiden is a smart, kind, constantly thinking and analyzing, helpful, sweet 10 year old. I really enjoy watching her discover new things and learn more and more about the world around her. She is constantly reading. She loves The Penderwicks and the Percy Jackson books. She is always telling me about the stories she reads and wants to share what she has learned.
There couldn't be a better big sister. I know that she watches out for her younger siblings at school and Iove to watch them walk into school together, plotting and planning and sometimes arguing. Whenever I need her to help with the baby, read to Cate, unload the dishwasher, etc. she is always ready and willing to help.
Aiden is also a kind and thoughtful friend. She has made some really great friends that she is so sad to be leaving this summer. She has friends for school, church, and soccer that I know she adores.
This year she is playing the piano, doing very well of course, and also soccer. This spring her team will be playing up an age group and will be traveling quite a bit around the state. Our Saturdays should be interesting with soccer soccer and baseball. Yikes.
Looks like I not only am writing more run on sentences than usual, but I have also wandered into another topic altogether. Mostly, I just want to make the point that Aiden Elizabeth is 10! A whole decade! And she loves to remind me that she is already more than halfway done with living with me. I haven't told her that I won't ever let her leave. I'll break that to her slowly. Or just manipulate her and make her want to stay. Or maybe try hypnosis..... Hmmmm. Some things to think about.
Happy birthday Aiden!!!!




1 comment:
Happy Birthday Aiden! You are such a wonderful girl and we are so glad you are in our family! You are a great example for Zoe! I can't wait to see you next month! We love you!!
Post a Comment